Sign in to follow this  
Philz

Displays turning off midflight

Hi, 

I seem to be having an issue with my NGX, everything is okay when getting off the ground, however, midflight the displays suddenly turn black, all of them except for the FMC.

I don't know what could be causing this. 

Any help is greaful thanks

Any help is greaful thanks

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Good answer but the solution?

I wrote my full name. I've got same problem.. What can cause this?

Perhaps a loss of power.  Is your power source set to a generator, or are you drawing off the battery?  

Good answer but the solution?

I wrote my full name. I've got same problem.. What can cause this?

The forum rule is to include your name in your posts. He didn't follow the rule, so I was not going to offer support until this happened. Your commentary on my rule enforcement is not appreciated. Don't do it again.

Please submit a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com

Kyle Rodgers

Perhaps a loss of power.  Is your power source set to a generator, or are you drawing off the battery?  

I receive power from engine when engines are running. Displays disappear in the middle of the flight..

I can't get what you say but, is this problem with this panel? AC has set to APU GEN in my ngx.

acdcmeteringpanel_ng.jpg

The forum rule is to include your name in your posts. He didn't follow the rule, so I was not going to offer support until this happened. Your commentary on my rule enforcement is not appreciated. Don't do it again.

Please submit a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com

I know what forum rules say but we are here to help each other.. You can write the solution (if you know) or write "submit a ticket" and what forum rule is. You should not write only "write full name etc".. First rule of every forum is helping people who have issues.. Writing solution is more important than the writing rules..

With respect..

I know what forum rules say but we are here to help each other.. You can write the solution (if you know) or write "submit a ticket" and what forum rule is. You should not write only "write full name etc"..

I don't think lecturing the forum moderators is going to be very helpfull to your cause. Especially this particular moderator.

First rule of every forum is helping people who have issues.. Writing solution is more important than the writing rules..

Given that this is PMDG's forum, their rules are actually the first rule. So following those rules is more important.

Part of the requirement for full names is piracy, why should PMDG help someone if they don't know that person has a legitimate copy of the product?

There are many users on Avsim willing to help, including PMDG's own team, but if the whole post gets deleted due to non-compliance, then nobody learns anything.

I can't get what you say but, is this problem with this panel? AC has set to APU GEN in my ngx.
It looks like your generators are not on bus. The fact the battery is Discharging. I may be wrong. What does your generator panel look like? 

I don't think lecturing the forum moderators is going to be very helpfull to your cause. Especially this particular moderator.

Given that this is PMDG's forum, their rules are actually the first rule. So following those rules is more important.

Part of the requirement for full names is piracy, why should PMDG help someone if they don't know that person has a legitimate copy of the product?

There are many users on Avsim willing to help, including PMDG's own team, but if the whole post gets deleted due to non-compliance, then nobody learns anything.

It looks like your generators are not on bus. The fact the battery is Discharging. I may be wrong. What does your generator panel look like? 

DC has set on Bat and AC is on APU GEN.

ckaratr, on 07 Sept 2015 - 7:19 PM, said:

DC has set on Bat and AC is on APU GEN.

I don't think you understand - the panel image you showed is the voltage / power indicating system, not the actual electrical bus controls, which are lower down.

The panel you showed makes no difference to the actual electrical system, it is merely for your information.

You want to look at this panel:

genbuspanel_ng_zpsopxoxpvv.jpg

I don't think you understand - the panel image you showed is the voltage / power indicating system, not the actual electrical bus controls, which are lower down.

The panel you showed makes no difference to the actual electrical system, it is merely for your information.

You want to look at this panel:

genbuspanel_ng_zpsopxoxpvv.jpg

I got it. I know this panel everything is ok with this panel. After starting engine, I turn GEN 1 and 2 on. I didn't know what AC DC panel is using for.

This problem caused by texture.cfg that is in simobject folder? There is some little difference the texture.cfg file in the livery I installed. I replace with the original one and for now I didn't face this kind of problem..