Sign in to follow this  
Pepe08

Price of PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion

Hi,

I have the PMDG 737 NGX Base pack installed to FSX and are thinking of buying the 600/700 as well but are a bit curious about the price. You see I think that the price on the 737-600/700 is very high in relation to the base pack regarding thet it is practically the same plane, just a bit shorter. Why is this so expensive and is it possible to get it cheaper or get a reasonable discount?

It's only $25 and I wouldn't expect, if I were you, to get any discount.

Keep in mind that while the aircraft systems are similar (or, the same, rather), PMDG still had to put plenty of effort into editing the flight dynamics and the models. If you've ever tried to mess around with a 3D object in GMAX or ever tried to modify the FDE of a flightsim aircraft, then you'd likely agree that $25 isn't all that much...

Hi,
I have the PMDG 737 NGX Base pack installed to FSX and are thinking of buying the 600/700 as well but are a bit curious about the price. You see I think that the price on the 737-600/700 is very high in relation to the base pack regarding thet it is practically the same plane, just a bit shorter. Why is this so expensive and is it possible to get it cheaper or get a reasonable discount?

Welcome to the forum.

A couple things:

1. Full names - first and last - are required to be placed in each post. Please ensure that you do this in the future.
  2. The price of the expansion is what it is for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that each model has its own set of performance data, its own visual model, its own variation of the VC, and all kinds of other work that was required of the team. It's not as simple as you're assuming.

Please have a look here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/

Kyle Rodgers