Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

The TDS Boeing 727

Hi,

I just found a new TDS model, the Boeing 727-200 passenger and freighter packages - over there in the "other" library. Just downloading... If soneone has tested it already, I'd been interested in some opinions.

However, it's so nice to see another new airliner model for FS2004. I hope that there will be also a 727-100 version soon.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I did a quick test around the pattern. What puzzled me was that I was getting serious blurries, something I didn't have ever in my rig, even with the iFly 744. I left my HD defragging, I'll try again later.

FDE...I think I felt the TDS 727 a little bit heavier than HJG's one, but not unflyable. I can't say which one is closer to reality.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

It looks real nice! I am going to wait until I see it in the avsim library before I download it (only because avsim is faster for downloads).

Honestly spoken, I'm also still hesitating to install the plane.

At first, I'd prefer a -100 version what I'm sure will come out later.

At second, I'm unsure what panel to use. The base package comes with a stock panel. I'm thinking of using the HJG panel, but this panel still doesn't provide the systems I was familiar with when using the Dreamfleet version (incl. CIVA-INS). I doubt that a merge with the DF systems will be possible neither technical - I had problems with it since using Win7; I'd use the DF itself else - nor legal.

A VC would be fine, too, but not that important.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Well, for my tests I used the HJG panel. In my case, I don´t have the DF 727, so I´m not sure what would I be losing.

I doubt that a merge with the DF systems will be possible neither technical - I had problems with it since using Win7; I'd use the DF itself else - nor legal.

Well, I'm not sure if the DF EULA forbids merges or not, but you can be sure they won't support. Anyway, are DF people still giving support?

Now, technically, there shouldn't be any issues. I mean, I could merge successfully the iFly 737 with the TDS 737, even with the load manager working, so I guess the 727 shouldn't be too much problem. How are the lights coded? That may be an issue, and that's why I wasn't able to merge the iFly 744v2 panel with the Posky 744. I guess no one has reported any results merging the DF panel because, well, until yesterday, there was no good reason for trying so.

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

What puzzled me was that I was getting serious blurries.

Found the root cause: the script I use for converting the textures to DXT3 stripped them of their alpha layer. A quick DXTFixer pass restored the alpha layer, so I'll try again as soon as I get back home.

Best regards,

Luis Miguel, as far as my experiences go, the DF 727 has no active support anymore. There's a support forum at the flightsim forum plateform, but without participation of any of the former DF members.

The main difference between HJG and DF are the engines', electric and hydraulic systems in the latter one. While you do hardly any more than switch power on and start engines at the HJG model, you have to follow the flight engineer's procedures exactly in the DF version; even the cabine pressuration should be set carefully. But what let me doubt most in a merge between DF and TDS is the fact that I had screen freezes with the DF under Win7 that seemed to be caused by the DF systems in combination with newer versions of Internet Explorer. Other forum members reported this, too. So that I think that a merge will import these problems into the TDS model as well.

However, I have to confess that such a merge is far beyond my technical skills so that I have to wait for somebody else doing it in any case...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I understand, Harald, for a merger of this kind it takes a lot more than a simple alias.

Regarding my issues, I've just tested again:

1. The graphics issues were, effectively, a missing alpha that drove nuts my (attempt at a) GPU.

2. However, I'm getting a stutter when viewing to my side or changing from 2D to spot view. I didn't have this with HJG.. not even with the TDS 738 AFAIK. Counting polygons in ModelconverterX gives me 62k polygons for the 737 and 73k for the 727. Guess I'll have to reduce textures to 512x512 to get some breathing room.

3. There is at least one flap position that should not be there (that's what happens when you use a 737 panel for a 727) and must be removed from aircraft.cfg. Hand flight went beautiful, as expected from a 727. I haven't tried to follow numbers (that's a job for Dreamfleet pilots :Tounge: )

Best regards,

Here is how I merged the iFly and TDS 737 NG:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/415969-tds-b737ng-series-preview/?p=2936229

Best regards,

Many thanks! I will have a look at it as soon the 727-100 is out.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald,

I took a look on the TDS Forum, and I honestly cannot tell you if Hiroshi and the Team plan on making a -100 variant.

They haven't mentioned it so far...

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I find TDS aircraft to be almost unflyable on my machine.  "Heavy" feeling even with yoke calibrated and full pitch up on takeoff..  Have to constantly adjust pitch and even then, very hard to keep flying level.

This is not only TDS model that exhibits this on my machine.  I have to take them all off once trying.  This is ONLY MY observation and your mileage may vary.

P.S. - Other similar aircraft from "other" developers perform very well.

There will be a TDS 727-100.  :wink:

I remember seeing a TDS 727-100 screenshot leaked in the TDS Facebook page, replaced some hours later with an "Oops, I shouldn't have said that" statement.

Best regards,