Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

DELETING AIRCRAFT

Hello

Is it possible to delete unused aircraft files from within FSX SE in order to save disk space??

Clive alexander

If you installed an aircraft, you can also remove it! However note:

• DO NOT delete default aircraft
  • make sure they are not used by AI
  • you may want to leave their gauges. Other aircraft may use them!

signature.jpg

What many people do is create a backup "Hangar" folder on another drive and pull those aircraft out of FSX and place them in this folder for future use/backup.  Like stated above if you use freeware aircraft usually they use many of the gauges from the default so you'll see some issues. 

I personally don't use any freeware aircraft right now so I know there will not be a problem removing most of the default.  I only really have the default GA aircraft in my folder for AI usage. 

If you do want to save disk space and have another drive.  I highly recommend mklink or junction magic for aliasing folders. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I recommend creating a storeage file on another drive to store unused add on aircraft.  Absolutely do not remove any of the stock FSX aircraft.  If you do not want to see them in the aircraft selection window, just go to each aircraft folder and rename the panel file to something like panel.off.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.