Sign in to follow this  
rubiconbay

VC not looking right

I have been using the T7 way more than the Queen of the Sky, but I noticed when I fly the 747 in VC mode the view is way behind the captains chair (almost looking into the cockpit from the entryway from first class)  and I cant get the VC to put me in front of the Captain chair to see the controls... Any help would be greatly appreciated

The T7 is way newer, so it's not really a fair comparison. Wait a bit for the 747v2 and do the comparison agin!

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have been using the T7 way more than the Queen of the Sky, but I noticed when I fly the 747 in VC mode the view is way behind the captains chair (almost looking into the cockpit from the entryway from first class) and I cant get the VC to put me in front of the Captain chair to see the controls... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi, rubiconbay,

I don't own the PMDG 747, but maybe try cycling through the different VC "camera" views by pressing A or Shift-A.  Also, are the usual controls that move the viewpoint around in the VC working?

PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

You can also "reset" the view with the key combo of Ctrl+[spacebar]. Also, you had not mentioned the sim you are using but if it's in P3D, I experienced that every time I fired up P3D, which was rectified by setting the view how I wanted it and then saved the flight as the default so subsequent flights would start with the proper view.  Just a thought.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

You can also "reset" the view with the key combo of Ctrl+[spacebar]. Also, you had not mentioned the sim you are using but if it's in P3D, I experienced that every time I fired up P3D, which was rectified by setting the view how I wanted it and then saved the flight as the default so subsequent flights would start with the proper view.  Just a thought.

You wouldn't be using one of our FSX products in P3D, though, would you?

Kyle Rodgers

You wouldn't be using one of our FSX products in P3D, though, would you?

Um no, currently I only have PMDG products for FSX:SE, why do you ask?

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Um no, currently I only have PMDG products for FSX:SE, why do you ask?

The question is being asked about the 744, which is currently only licensed for FSX. Your post, above, you said "[a]lso, you had not mentioned the sim you are using but if it's in P3D, I experienced that every time I fired up P3D." I see now how you could mean that in a generic sense, but I wasn't sure.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, so I misspoke, BUT the question is concerning camera views, so regardless of the sim, the key command combos are the same.

-Jim

I have been using the T7 way more than the Queen of the Sky, but I noticed when I fly the 747 in VC mode the view is way behind the captains chair (almost looking into the cockpit from the entryway from first class)  and I cant get the VC to put me in front of the Captain chair to see the controls... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like you have the Queen set up in the PMDG Configuration Manager in the "747-400 Mode" and you selected in FSX the "747-8i".