Sign in to follow this  
Emile

MAIW Traffic OK in P3d?

Hello,

Does someone already tried the MAIW traffic and aircrafts in P3D?

Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Just like in FSX, they work fine. Their airport scenery though, not so much.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hello,

For testing I have imported few MAIW Aircrafts and Traffic from my FSX SE BUT not the airports (they are not very compatible) and I see no AI in my Win 10 P3D 2.5 ... ...

Simobjects.cfg is updated

What is wrong with me?

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Do you have any other AI installed?  You could use AIFP to scan your P3d for FS9 traffic files and convert to the FSX/P3d format.

I"m experiencing the same issue. Copied all my FSX AI AC and flight plans into PD3 2.5 and see no AI at any airport. Doesanyone know what gives???

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Copied all my FSX AI AC and flight plans into PD3 2.5 and see no AI at any airport. Doesanyone know what gives???

It's probably very simple. Where did you add your AI a/c to and did you add an entry or verify that where you put the a/c is in the simobjects.cfg?

Copied all My AI ac to folder called Ai aircraft in simobjects folder and made entry in cfg file same as FSX and pervious versions of pd3.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

bump

Bill McIntyre

What version of P3d? 2.5? If so, the simobject entries have their own actual cfg file now in the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder.

That was it. I didnt know that location got change in 2.5 version. Thanks

Bill McIntyre

Hello,

My Simobjects.cfg was updated , I have created new entries with all the AI .

The AI from the original installation, the AI Ships and the AI MAIW.

What else is wrong?

Thanks in advance

[Entry.0]
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
[Entry.1]
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
[Entry.2]
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
[Entry.3]
Path=SimObjects\Boats
[Entry.4]
Path=SimObjects\Animals
[Entry.5]
Path=SimObjects\Misc
[Entry.6]
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
[Entry.7]
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
[Entry.8]
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
[Entry.9]
Path=SimObjects\AI Original P3D
[Entry.10]
Path=SimObjects\AI ships
[Entry.11]
Path=SimObjects\AI MAIW

Hello Christopher,

I which folder did you move the aircrafts?

How looks your simobjects.cfg?

Only the aircrafts in P3D or also the sceneries (Afcad, ..)?

Thanks in advance

I have all of my AI planes in a separate Airplanes_AI folder inside the SimObjects folder. I added an additional statement to the SimObjects.cfg file for this, and they seem to work just fine.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi

Does your simobjects.cfg looks like :

"[Entry.7]
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
[Entry.8]
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
[Entry.9]
Path=SimObjects\AI Original P3D
[Entry.10]
Path=SimObjects\AI ships
[Entry.11]
Path=SimObjects\AI MAIW

How many entries do you have?

Thanks in advance