Sign in to follow this  
longrangecruise

Palo Alto -25%

I'll admit to being a bit tempted.  I got Orbx KSQL last week and it's really nice and covers the bay really well.  I've looked at the pictures of Palo Alto and, really, can't tell much how much of the area around the airport is covered.  Looks well done, though.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I also saw this late last night.

I just bought it.  $15 is not too much of a risk. Hope it doesn't completely bog the Bay area down.

Also being Canadian, our buck against the US buck is 30% exchange right now so the discount basically offsets the exchange.

Interesting, PC Aviator gave me another $1 off my purchase.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I just bought it. $15 is not too much of a risk. Hope it doesn't completely bog the Bay area down.

Keep us posted!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Interesting, PC Aviator gave me another $1 off my purchase.

There's a 10% Labor Day sale on right now which reduced the price by $1.50 .

If you can buy on Tuesdays, you can get an extra 10% OFF. PCAviator offer 10% every Tuesdays on everything.

My%20Signature.jpg

So...how is it?

Gregg Seipp

If you can buy on Tuesdays, you can get an extra 10% OFF. PCAviator offer 10% every Tuesdays on everything.

Not necessary right now, you get the same 10% instant off discount all through the weekend and into Tuesday.

Not necessary right now, you get the same 10% instant off discount all through the weekend and into Tuesday.

But on Tuesday you will get an extra 10%, besides the weekend discount. Trust me. I`ve already spent almost $800 bucks with them. I even have another extra discount to apply as they e-mailed me. So probably for me an extra 30% discount.

My%20Signature.jpg

But on Tuesday you will get an extra 10%, besides the weekend discount. Trust me. I`ve already spent almost $800 bucks with them. I even have another extra discount to apply as they e-mailed me. So probably for me an extra 30% discount.

No, you won't... I also have spent a lot with them and only on promotion days. The 10% discount of tuesdays or of these promotions are automatically applied when adding to the cart, and the system does not apply two stacking them...

The only thing you CAN stack is the automatic discount plus if you have a coupon like you said.

Edit: also the discounts are not linear; two 10% coupons do not eat wait to 20% discount it's less (19%) just like when they have the 40% off mega scenery earth and you also add the 10 it's not 50 it's 45. But that's just nitpicking ...

No, you won't... I also have spent a lot with them and only on promotion days. The 10% discount of tuesdays or of these promotions are automatically applied when adding to the cart, and the system does not apply two stacking them...

The only thing you CAN stack is the automatic discount plus if you have a coupon like you said.

Edit: also the discounts are not linear; two 10% coupons do not eat wait to 20% discount it's less (19%) just like when they have the 40% off mega scenery earth and you also add the 10 it's not 50 it's 45. But that's just nitpicking .

I could be wrong, I will try on Tuesday.

My%20Signature.jpg

A 10% discount on 100% leaves you with 90%. Another 10% on those 90% gives 90%-90/10%=90%-9%=81%. Perfectly in order.

Combine 40% and 10% discounts and you - correctly - end up with 54% to pay.

Yep, correct. Type on my part meant to type 46, not 45, which is the real discount in that example.

It's just match really as the discounts don't get added but applied in order, so the next one is only discounting to the amount that the previous one leaves instead of the original total...

So...how is it?

A readme comes with the file that details how to make it compatible with Orbx NCA.  Its important to turn off a few files from Orbx to allow it to work properly.

Further head over to Orbx Compatibility forum and also read if you haven't already done so about how to get better performance our of that general area by turning off marina, docks, those blasted cranes, and marina lights.  This will help for those with VAS issues.

So far I would say this is a very good buy and nicely fits to the area.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I played 9 holes on that Golf course next to that Palo Alto airport last weekend... I couldn't focus on the golf.. I keep getting distracted at all the aircrafts that were taking off and landing at that airport.

:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter