Sign in to follow this  
ApacheHunter

LUA error 'DisplayResync' with A2A PA-28-180 Cherokee

Whenever I load the A2A Simulations Piper PA-28-180 Cherokee I get the following error in the LINDA Console:

LINDA%20error.jpg

Does anybody know what this means and how I can get rid of the error?

Hi Kevin

Is this error only occurring with the A2A Piper Cherokee?  What LINDA version are you using and are you using any VRI Combo panel?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Also, did you restart your sim and MCP to see if it's still there?  It might be a transient event that would be cleared with a restart.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks for helping me! I'm not sure about the LINDA version. I use the VRI MCP Combo II (Boeing style) panel. It happened to me yesterday, I then shut down the MCP Combo, restarted LINDA and continued flying without any issues. Today I got the same error, but kept on flying without any issues. The MCP works, only the display keeps showing the same information:

252fc800-b04d-4eec-a2db-ab7b9fdf98f1.jpg

I found this on another post...

Hi Richard

If the repeating warning for the A2A aircraft is exactly "Display Resync" I will ask you to edit the common.lua file in \modules\linda\system\. Using the Editor again, search for "Display Resync" and comment out the line starting '_log' by placing 2 dashes ('--') in front of the line. Save file, close FSX and LINDA and restart.

If this work it would only relate to those aircraft modules using DisplayResync which would explain why it is only affecting your A2A aircraft.

I can not explain why the A2A 172 heading will be jumping as I do not have this aircraft to test.

Let me know how you get on.

See here...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/456174-new-linda-263-released/page-5

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Thanks, but I can't find 'Display Resync' in the common.lua file.

Perhaps that's the issue.  Do you find it in the A2A file?  If so, comment it out.  The error you're getting is saying the function doesn't exist.

Gregg Seipp

Thanks for helping! I commented 'Display Resync' out in D:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda\aircrafts\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee\actions.lua and now the error is gone.

Excellent!

Gregg Seipp