Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Done with Windows 10 (unfortunately)

updated from windows 7 a week ago, Been working flawless!

What video cad are u using?

I updated after much hesitation this morning from 8.1 to 10 and everything works like it should. P3D 2.5 didn't need any updates and all my addons are there. I guess I am happy. The next move will now be to P3D V.3 :wink:  

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

What video cad are u using?

AMD Radeon R9 270b

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

AMD Radeon R9 270b

That's why. Although generally the nVidia seems a better card for FSX, this problem with win10 looks like its exclusively those running nVidia drivers.

My old CPU died and I installed an OEM WIN10 Pro on a new SSD into a completely new build except for my HDDs, SSDs, and EVGA GTX980FTW.  So far the only problems have been of my own doing and are minor.

Edited by StoneEyes

That's why. Although generally the nVidia seems a better card for FSX, this problem with win10 looks like its exclusively those running nVidia drivers.

There have been some problems reported by Nvidia with FSX and Windows 10, but none of them are related to the program itself being removed during the upgrade. The only program removed for me after the upgrade was Speecy (hardware detector/temperature tool), for some unknown reason.

the problem with the newest versions of windows, windows 7 was the first generation that didnt have no backward support for older software especially games that used the frame network microsoft rewrote it from windows vista so those older games wont run on windows 7 and it gets worse windows 8 and now 10 thats why fsx crashes on windows 7 unless you put the automanticore.dll from win vista.im still running windows 7 in all my 3 computers my mom had windows 10 and is all chinese to me lol.

Never had a crash with Windows 10 on FSX:SE or Prepar3D V3

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I've not had any issues with Windows 10 and FSX (original) either, and I did an in-place upgrade from 8.1 not a clean install. It's not any faster but it seems a little more stable even. I haven't had any CTD or OOM since upgrading. Running an nVidia GTX 560Ti with the latest driver.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Personally, not a single issue with Windows 10. Might I suggest moving on to another flightsim.

FSX not progressing beyond the splash screen without giving a fatal error and crashing.  For 10 years those dreadful errors nearly drove me crazy . Glad I stuck around in this hobby long enough to see P3DV3.  :wub: 

Cheers

Been on win 10 for awhile now and no problems so far. I don't use the old boxed version of FSX anymore because of all the problems and now use the Steam version with much better stability and results. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

For me is not really a first love I had many problem on using win 10 in dual boot with the w7 fast start really damaged partition of W7 and even w10 because after boot Checkdisk rebuilt all the SSD and it lock all file etc.

check this:

Using P3D second drama it's with saitek that didn't work well on first the quadrant after update with the SP W10 and installed the original Madcatz they are back to work.

Lately the saitek multipanel with Spad free stop to work and maybe  it's a driver problem.

So it's hard to find relaxed to to fly. I am crossing my finger.

It took me lot of work I don't have any ctd or oom issues on win 7 most of my addons like rc and weather run on a network computer that's why I run win 7 I found my sweet spot in fsx where it runs on 3 gigs of memory,haven't tried fsx se but if I installed addons even tho they'll go to a different folder I'll mess up my configurations in windows like the pmdg installs in windows but I'll try it out with no addons and see how it is

only saitek rudder pedals and yoke will work in windows 10 for p3d 3. no saitek individual panels or gauges will run. If anyone has got these panels or gauges to work in windows 10 please advise.

Ya I heard fsx se is more updated I like prepar3d I own ver 1 but I don't feel like starting over my fsx deluxe edition I got it to work nicely with all my addons just had to disable Europe and Alaska scenery's which I'm not using so fsx don't run out of memory I just recently updated fsx with current airac cycle inside fsx not the navigraph now I need to do some flights and see if fsx won't crash lol