Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Done with Windows 10 (unfortunately)

That's why. Although generally the nVidia seems a better card for FSX, this problem with win10 looks like its exclusively those running nVidia drivers.

I did an in-place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, and my FSX-SE had some issues with the menus and other graphical items. I went into nVidia Inspector, deleted the "MS Flight Simulator X" profile, built a new one, and then customized the settings in the new one using the AVSIM guide. It worked great after that. I helped a guy on another forum get his fixed by having him us the device driver uninstaller, DDU from 3Dguru.com. It has the same effect as deleting and rebuilding the FSX profile, as it wipes out all of nVidia  profiles (and everything else nVidia )when you run it. After he installed the latest nVidia  driver (at the time), his FSX worked perfectly. I'm not sure that this is an nVidia 'issue', as in it just doesn't work, or of just an nVidia issue because of a configuration problem (conflict, mismatch, etc...).

I've since done a clean installation of Win 10. After getting it set up the way I like, I have to say - I think Win 10 is the best version of Windows ever. Everything that was in Win 7 (I skipped 8.X entirely) is in Win 10, although you might need to dig a little to find it. The new start menu is really nice. I like having the tiles in it. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I remember when I was running win 98 was running great for me then win xp came then vista I was still using win 98 till I had to upgrade my graphics card there was no drivers for it so I had to upgrade to vista then windows 7 and that's where I'm at Aaron Mack