Sign in to follow this  
Symie8

Can i guve my 737NGX to someone else

Hi. Not sure where my last topic went so I'll try again.

I haven't used my 737NGX all year and want to give it away to a friend. It's the boxed version. Will it install on his system or do I need to cancel anything (license or whatever) before he can install it. I don't want to do anything illegal hence the request.

I am not selling it, rather giving it away.

Thanks in advance.

Kev Syme

The best place to find the answer to your question would be the EULA (End-user Licence Agreement).

It is quiet long and boring to read but it tells you all about you can do with your copy.

I know there is another topic about reselling a copy which if I recall well is prohibited but I'm not sure about giving it away.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

If you want an official answer, then submit a support ticket on PMDG's website.  Here, most of what you will get is speculation, unless someone from PMDG chimes in.  SInce it is the boxed version, it may depend more on Aerosoft's policy rather that PMDGs, so it might make sense to contact them.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Thanks gents. Like stated I don't want to do something wrong. I did try to raise a ticket but all roads on the PMDG website support led to here!

I'll check with Aerosoft now.

Thanks again.

Kev Syme

Deactivate it on your computer. Give the box to your friend. Easy. Still only 1 lisence in use. Shouldnt be a problem.

Not hard to find, PMDG Product Support here http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Correct, as I did, thus the 3 links did thus - "PMDG user to user forum" takes you here, "PMDG Website" takes you to the homepage and "PMDG Store" takes you to the store. I'm 43 not 12!

However I did so on my phone and not the PC. Only just noticed it means "login or register to PMDG" and not the AvSim forums (like I said 43, not 12....eyes are going   :P

Gonna register and see how it goes. Thanks again.

Kev Syme

Right, Support accounts are separate from sales accounts.  You may need to create a new account to create a ticket.  I never learned how to browse with a phone, I'm way over 12 too LOL.

Dan Downs KCRP

Problem solved thanks. My ineptness sometimes surprises me :-P

Ticket raised and dealt with pronto. Thanks for all the help all the same.

Kev Syme

If there is activations left then yes, however once the activations run out they can't renew it as it's registered to you.

Also you can't sell it.

Basically i'm just gonna keep it now as the chap I was gonna give it to has the Steam version. I've explained that there's a way to install it but he can't be chuffed with it. Might get back into it myself one day as she is a beaut  :smile:

Kev Syme