Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Airplane mods in GTA V 777,MD-80,727 etc!

I suspect they will gradually become more sophisticated.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

For me, videos like this are almost painful. The graphics stomp just about anything we have.

Flat.

Sure it's not all about graphics, but when I go back to FSX I feel sometimes like I'm looking at pong. X-plane gets more and more inevitable if something else doesn't come along.

DTG? Outerra, eventually? Something unexpected?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'd love to be able to get out and do a walk around of the PMDG 777,it'd be amazing in VR. Look at War Thunder amazing graphics and performance it also has a high draw distance. Yes they are small maps overall but it renders terrain for atleast 50 miles and looks good the whole time. I hope DTG makes somthing worthwhile. I'm about tired of FSX/p3dS ooms and low FPS. I'd switch to xolane but the cities look like crap.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'd switch to xolane but the cities look like crap

Visually, I think X-plane cities are meant to be seen from high altitudes.

Devons rig

There is a 757 as well. https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/boeing-757-200. This is a line from the readme:

Not sure how legal it is, even if credit was given in this way. The MD-80 looks suspiciously like the CLS one to me also.

Well, that does seem to be inline with the game's title of "Grand Theft..." :Rolling Eyes:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

GTA 5 is a small contained area so they can shove a lot of detail and animation in it. FSX covers the world so compromises have to be made. I just got X Plane and find it does things like roads and buildings better than FSX. X Plane is limited in that most airports are just runways but I found you can download a ton of places and airports. 

I live in CR Iowa and never did have any real scenery for the Eastern Iowa airport but in X Plane there is a download for that and more Iowa airports and they look very, very good with almost exact placement of buildings and runways. 

Not giving up on FSX and I know it will never look like GTA 5 but it still is fun and has the whole world to play in.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png