Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

Available runways in 4.61.4

Hello Stephen,

When the aircraft is sat on the ground, the departure airport's available runways are now displayed within the 'on-screen' Local Weather Report. Similar to the destination and alternates, these runways are always listed in preferred order of use based on the current surface wind direction.

It is a very good idea to give this information. we have also it on the Live Weather Assistant Map. (not mentionned)

Thanks

Regards

Claude 

Claude Troncy

Hi Claude,

Yes you're right, the information is also available on the LWA Map. I've mostly filled in some missing data to make everything consistent and also now improved the Destination and Alternate Weather Reports, using the en-route weather data to provide weather info even though they may be far outside from the weather map area.

Regards

Stephen :-)

Hi Stephen,

Just an idea for a future devellopment, in case you get bored,  :smile: ... will be to associate with the runway the avalaible SID for Departure and STAR for arrival.

Could be displayed in a sort of tooltips.

Regards

Claude 

Claude Troncy

Unfortunately there are usually many SIDs and STARs to chose from at most airports. Hence we have provided the information via the SIDs and STARs buttons in the LWA Map's Options dialog. These options also allow you to plot the SID or STAR on the LWA Map as an aid to selection.

Stephen

Hence we have provided the information via the SIDs and STARs buttons in the LWA Map's Options dialog

Yes I use it... very good feature.

I think that knowing the runway and the first waypoint in the flight plan, there will not a be lot of procedure name to display.

In fact I research the SID avalaible on departure just to prepare the FMC, and when Pro ATC give it on clearance, I am ready....

But It is ok like that, because to find the procedure through the option dialog is very quick... I just have to enter the runway and the first waypoint.

These options also allow you to plot the SID or STAR on the LWA Map as an aid to selection.

Also I wonder if the choosen selection could be insert in the flight plan. Sometimes I do it by hand, just to see the correct path on the LWA Map mainly after takeoff.

Thanks for your answer

Regards

Claude 

Claude Troncy