Sign in to follow this  
CrackerJack

AI Traffic

What's the alternative? A lot of us don't have hours and hours of spare time to compile models and schedules. Is there an all in one that fits the bill?

NAX669.png

What's the alternative? A lot of us don't have hours and hours of spare time to compile models and schedules. Is there an all in one that fits the bill?

That's why I like My Traffic 6. Install it, and you done....My kind of software. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

MyTraffic does what it says, but it is quite basic in it's models and repaints. Some of it's schedules as well were maybe based on some sort of real schedule from some time ago, but much of it is very fictional. If you simply want to add some basic ai and dont mind how corny it looks in the sim then I guess it's the way to go.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Im going to purchase my Traffic 6 over the weekend.  As i am not a pilot and know very little about specific timetables proper schedules done really bother me at all.  Once i can see pretty planes moving around and flying on there own, well thats good enough for me. Horses for courses i suppose.  I will pop back later and say hello  :smile:

add some basic ai and dont mind how corny it looks in the sim then I guess it's the way to go.

Again, I ask, what are the other alternatives?

NAX669.png

Again, I ask, what are the other alternatives?

+1

I would say Ulitmate traffic 2 and Traffic 360 but I don't think they have an P3D installer

Keeping the scheds at least up todate regarding the current year and season is FAR better than whats available from the payware offerings. The schedule realism and currency is only half of it compared to how MyTraffic models and paints look.  Again, it's not about what YOU wan't, the OP said he wants it to look good. and have realisitic scheds. MyTraffic doesn't fit either of those.

I fly into airports that are Delta and Southwest hubs, and I see Delta an SW planes. Same with Fedex hubs, UPS, military hubs, commuter aircraft. I have lived near and flown out of many of the largest airports in the world, frequently, and My Traffic looks pretty realistic to me.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'll echo Bobsk8 here and recommend MyTraffic 6.  I had UT2 before I switched to P3D which was great but it's not compatible with P3D.  Since I fly mostly in the US, I did replace some of the MyTraffic models for the US based carriers.  The MT6 models were fine though if you aren't concerned about every little detail of an AI plane and just want some company on the ground and in the air.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

The other alternative as has been said many times before in every one of these threads that pops up far too often is to put some time into it and go the custom route. You get what you put into it, but it still a better way to go imo than having to see the traffic you see with Mytraffic.

http://www.alpha-india.net/

http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/

Bob, if Mytraffic works for you then that's awesome. Low expectations with near no extra effort it always nice to settle. It's like saying the default airports look just as good as the high end payware ones, don't kid yourself. Compared to what it can look like for free but does require some effort, the payware traffic looks silly.

I've bought both MyTraffic 6 and UT2 to compare and mess with over the years and while UT2 was good, it was too quirky and flawed. MyTraffic just made me giggle at how it goofy it looked, from the models and paints to seeing airlines in large numbers at airports where they done operate to.

The other alternative as has been said many times before in every one of these threads that pops up far too often is to put some time into it and go the custom route. You get what you put into it, but it still a better way to go imo than having to see the traffic you see with Mytraffic.

http://www.alpha-india.net/

http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/

Bob, if Mytraffic works for you then that's awesome. Low expectations with near no extra effort it always nice to settle. It's like saying the default airports look just as good as the high end payware ones, don't kid yourself. Compared to what it can look like for free but does require some effort, the payware traffic looks silly.

I've bought both MyTraffic 6 and UT2 to compare and mess with over the years and while UT2 was good, it was too quirky and flawed. MyTraffic just made me giggle at how it goofy it looked, from the models and paints to seeing airlines in large numbers at airports where they done operate to.

As I said, I have been a pilot in the real world since the late 70's  at many busy airports, so I know exactly what the real world looks like. My traffic does a good job in my opinion. I do admit that I don't spend the vast majority of time in P3D staring at AI aircraft, I'm too busy actually flying the aircraft I am in. 

It's not about seeing every little detail in an AI aircraft, it's about simply wanting your sim to look good.

Just as satisfying as it is shooting the approach and landing to a gorgeous payware airport, seeing some good looking traffic operating only makes it better. Seeing the traffic MyTraffic provides you takes away from that COMPARED to what you can have.

The OP was looking for options and thank goodness, there is more than one available if you take the blinders off.

Does anyone ever see any AI traffic while you're in the air in P3D? I see it on TCAS and I hear the controller in my ATC program talking to them but I never see aircraft or contrails. I'm using My Traffic 6.

Not sure what type of flying you're doing, but if you have a commercial airliner like the 737, A320, etc make a flightplan going along Jetway J99. At an altitude in the low to mid 30s you should be ducking and flinching quite often. I use UT2 commercial traffic at 57%.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

UT2 is a funny one as it doesn't know about RVSM or even right way altiudes for that matter, so you will enounter lots of oppsite direction traffic often at the same altitude.

The routes UT2 uses as well are airways etc but they are simply created using the FS flightplanner, they aren't real world routes by any means. You can edit them easy enough for correct altitudes etc, but it's a fair bit of work.. You get back what you put into it.  At least the traffic models and repaints (not the few shared with MyTraffic) look good.

I have MyTraffic 6 in P3dv2, and it works for me. The models are "good enuff and FPS friendly at a time when you really need good fps. (on approach to a busy hub for example) Ive somewhat modified my install of MyTraffic 6 by taking out the Military and Default AI. IMO the military planes are flying WAAAY too much with them enabled.

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

I bought My Traffic 6 two evenings ago,  it was a little tricky installing it the first time, then i read the manual and went perfect the second time.  I really like it, the models look great and plenty of activity going on, little trucks moving around and then the planes will follow.   Checked all the bigish and most small airports in Ireland and have loads of stuff going on,  really happy with it, Its my first Traffic Ad On and completely changes the world around you.