Sign in to follow this  
tinhead59

Purchase of LevelD 767 from Flight1

Hi

I am going to purchase the above mentioned aircraft and can have a 40% discount as I already have purchased the 2004 version. I have downloaded the FSX version and coupon.  I am not clear as to going on from there. I hope someone can steer me right maybe please. Looking forward to hearing from someone.....................John

A word of caution -
The product is only officially supported on Windows 7.
There are several threads in the forums about using the product in Windows 8.1 and also in the new Windows 10.

I have used some of the suggested posts to have it running in 8.1 albeit with a few very brief stutters when selecting some of the overhead switches.
I do not run it in Windows 10.

Regards

Trevor

A word of caution -

The product is only officially supported on Windows 7.

There are several threads in the forums about using the product in Windows 8.1 and also in the new Windows 10.

I have used some of the suggested posts to have it running in 8.1 albeit with a few very brief stutters when selecting some of the overhead switches.

I do not run it in Windows 10.

+1

It's rather finicky and I un-installed it.

Rather sad really, it used to be on my top favourite list in FS9 :(

Rather sad really, it used to be on my top favourite list in FS9 :sad:

It was a great add-on (one of the best) but its best days are past. I recently sent mine to the boneyard in Arizona. There are so many good newer things out there that I found myself flying it less and less. Sadly, it was time to retire it. 

Jim Atkins

It was a great add-on (one of the best) but its best days are past. I recently sent mine to the boneyard in Arizona. There are so many good newer things out there that I found myself flying it less and less. Sadly, it was time to retire it. 

I can't send it to the boneyard yet. There is still hope for me that it will work with FSX SE one day.

I like it too much to give up on it :)

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Bargain Hunter's Shack" to "The Unofficial Level D 767 | Wilco PIC 767 Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I can't send it to the boneyard yet. There is still hope for me that it will work with FSX SE one day.

Hi, Callum112233,

The Level-D can be made to work in Steam.  Please see these threads:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/458175-fsx-steam-and-level-d-installation/

http://www.avsim.com/topic/464483-another-leveld-767-msfssteam-question/

This is also discussed on the Level-D FSX forum.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

+1

It's rather finicky and I un-installed it.

Rather sad really, it used to be on my top favourite list in FS9 :sad:

Using the level-d 767 in FSX on Win 7 and every now and then when i fly it i have to say it is still one of the best add-ons, even by today's standards.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable