Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Cloud issue in DX10

The clip modes are explained sort of in the SDK .  If you don't have the SDK then try googling for Microsoft ESP and read the equivalent SDK doc there.

Tower view is intended for viewing close up objects and sets the far clip plane at 20Km so anything beyond 20K including sections of the sky texture are discarded.

Hi guys,

This is going over my head a little now. 

All I will say is I've done some extensive flying with the DX10 Shader turned off in Debug and I can confirm I have not experiencing any clouds "drawing themselves" in the distance.  So my question is if I turn the shader back on in Debug what troubleshooting steps can I take to resolve?  I'll be honest I can't really see what turning the shader off does, looks exactly the same as before and my performance hasn't really suffered so I'm more than happy to leave the shader off as a long term solution.

Cheers

Thomas Derbyshire

I know this thread is a year and a half old, but I purchased Steve's Fixer and have been generally very pleased with it.  The only problem I've had is the one described in this thread by sidfadc.  I, too, turned Cloud Shader off in debug mode and the problem went away.  Has anyone solved this so that you could use the Cloud Shader?  I couldn't find anything else like it anywhere else. 

Bob Bressert

The only option that should cause the effect is cloud cull which is only intended for people with low end GPUs.

So reenable the shader and turn off cloud cull.

If you still have the problem then disable all the options and test. If it's ok, turn them on one at a time and test although none of the others should cause anything like described.

Note one person in this thread was reporting a similar issue which is to do with the camera setup and had nothing to do with the fixer.

Well, I might take your advice at some time in the future, Steve, but I think I'll just enjoy things the way they are right now.  The cloud issue is gone and by golly, everything looks pretty darn good the way it is with the Cloud Shader turned off.  Thanks, just the same.

Bob Bressert