Sign in to follow this  
Garry J. Smith

Microsoft FS2004 Piper Cub Liveries

Hi Good People,

Long time since my last post on the forums - Had some major health issues for a while but getting over them after several months of rest and recuperation.

I am now at a stage in my recovery that Edward and I thought it was time for a bit of light duties starting off with some repaints of the Default Microsoft FS2004 Piper Cub J-3 aircraft.  

A sad little aircraft for FS2004 that was an important aircraft in aviation history but seems to have lacked a bucket or repaints.

After setting up a blank master and doing some tests I discovered why this aircraft has a lack of repaints - the texture mappings are some of the poorest I have ever encountered.  Mirror Mappings everywhere - and lots of it sloppy, distortions and stretched areas to fit poorly cut areas - lots of them inverted, stretched or flipped and even worse no real logic to some of the mappings.

Here is an image of what I had to work with as a basis for my repaints for this girl:

J-3-Mapping.jpg

As you can see, this mapping makes repainting this girl extremely limiting - a real challenge to give her a bit of vibrancy and suitable eye candy to make her a nice visual flying model.

Piper-Advert.jpg

We started off the repaint project with just a few liveries in mind - then a couple more, and some more - decided to round it off at 15 then 18 then 20 - we stopped there :smile:

Anyway, the 20 FREE liveries are now available for your flight sim entertainment and hopefully enjoyment - Surf to http://www.ford-tri-motor.net Click on the Other Aircraft Button and follow the link to the Piper Cub J-3 repaints.

Regards

Garry and Edward

Your Ford Tri-Motor Project Team.

Garry,

Glad you are back, and great to hear that you are on the mend! Thanks for the Cub paints, and for all you do for the FS9 community. God bless. 

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Hi Good People,

The Piper Cub liveries are being downloaded at a high rate - great stuff - good to see the aircraft have a bit of a revival in FS2004. :D 

Therefore, Edwards and I decided to add an additional 6 pack of liveries:

Bonus-6Pack.jpg

A bit of bling for the Emma Field livery and an additional 5 military liveries.  All of course repainted to match the vagaries of the texture mappings and therefore not accurate detailed textures, but at least some more meaningful eye candy for this girl in the sim for your entertainment.

You will find them at http://www.ford-tri-motor.net visit the Other Aircraft Page and follow the link to the Piper Cub

Regards and happy simming

Garry and Edward - your Ford Tri-Motor Project Team.