Sign in to follow this  
wiltzei

P3D: MilViz F-4E Tongass Fjords Tour

Full, uncut flight in scenic Tongass Fjords. Improved version with comms and map presentation.

What add on scenery are you using ?

Great video. Thanks for posting. I also tried to install Tongass Fjords X in P3D 2.5, but got the dreaded water issue, that was initially also a problem in FSX, when it came out. It menas that once Tongass is installed, all water around the scenery turns into land.

In case you experienced a similar issue, would you be so kind and tell us what you did to solve the problem. Or what did you mean with "some tinkering might be required"  Thanks for an answer 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

If I remember correctly in order to make it work properly 40 entries need to go into terrain.cfg. As the installer cannot do this automatically for Prepar3D it needs to be done manually. Tongass then works fine, only the confuguration tool does not work for me but it should have most options on by default. If I can help with the terrain,cfg entries let me know.

Hans

Hi Hans, 

many thanks for your feedback and your kind offer to help me. Next to Tongass I have all ORBX sceneries. Here's what I have done so far: I have installed the latest libraries, moved my old FSX terrain cfg file into P3D in App Data/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/P3D and have also updated my ORBX Object Flow exe file in ORBX scripts in P3D.

Then I have switched FTX central to Global, started P3D and saw only trees around Wrangell. I then stopped P3D, switched FTX Central again to North America and started P3D again. The results are still the same: trees instead of water in Tongass

Bernd

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hi Bernd,

Have you checked that your terrain.cfg contains all Tongass entries? They look like this:

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 1 of 40
[Texture.484]
Name=Tongass_Utility_Corridor_Vectors
Color=FFC0C0C0
guid={2D393C42-36BB-46bd-A44D-DCAEF8C2F49D}
Textures=HS_FSX_utilities_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_utilities_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_utilities_su.bmp,HS_FSX_utilities_su.bmp,HS_FSX_utilities_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_1
StripWidthMeters=1
LandClassRemapType=none
VectorAutogen={12F31285-6183-284D-AE9E-E0D27715E792}
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=No
RenderPriority=41000
Water=No

Also, both Tongass entries should be placed below the orbx entries in the scenery,cfg.

It seems to me that the terrain entries are not correct.

Hans

Hans

Hi Hans,

many thanks for your help. I checked my terrain cfg. It did not contain any Tongass entries. That is why I added yours at the bottom of my terrain cfg and renamed the entry number to 784, as ORBX entries went up to 783. That did not help unfortunately.

I then deleted Tongass FSX from P3D, using the Tongass uninstaller and also deleted the Tongass entry in the terrain cfg. After having reinstalled Tongass I checked with the terrain cfg. No Tongass entry had been added with the installation. I then added your entry again manually. Unfortunately the result is that I still have trees everywhere around Tongass.

I don't have any scenery cfg in App Data/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/P3D, but within the P3D sceneries Tongass Fjord was automatically installed below the ORBX entries, as you suggested.

Bernd

We were able to sort it out, the entries were not complete.

Hans