Sign in to follow this  
bluttch

too quick text display

Hi, I 'm new to radar contact and I do not understand English well so I used the text display but it scrolls too quickly. It would be possible to slow the speed of the text display.
Or better yet have the french texts .

Thank you.

Hello,

English is the only option available, sorry.

Assuming you are running RC4 on the same PC as FS you should make the following changes in the FSUIPC interface...

Show Multiline Window should be ON

Suppress Single line should be enabled.

That should prevent the text from scrolling. Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray Proudfoot thank you very much for your quick response , makes its reading easier .

Is it possible to increase the display time of each line as it is displayed only 4 or 5 seconds before moving to the next.

Thank you.

bluttch,

I run RC on a separate PC to FSX so unfortunately I can't see what you're experiencing.

You should be able to resize the window the RC menu is displayed in. The information RC displays is relatively static with menu items to select. If it's scrolling it suggests the window is too small for the information it's trying to display.

Are you able to resize the window? You may need to be in windowed mode, not full-screen.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There are a few ways that text can be displayed:

First in modules see if the obsolete advdisplay.dll is installed. I would disable that. That is retro.

Second are you using the display text option in RC? I think you are from your post. Disable that.

Third, while intended for network or cockpit users try installing the freeware showtext from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and read the .pdf. It states it also requires advdisp.dll but I'm not sure. The current fsuipcs handle that function. It has a polling feature that might provide some speed control.

I know this is a very old thread, but has anyone else discovered another way to slow down the display of the text in Radar Contact?  I am trying out Radar Contact and I am also deaf.  The software's communication can only be accessed by me via text.  I tried all of the suggestions in the posts above but the weather briefing and clearance delivery instructions are too fast for me to note all the information - especially when the numbers are spelled out in the text display (for example, "four" instead of 4).  I have tried increasing the voice sliders to 5 to see if that would help but it did not.  I understand from searches in this forum that RC can only display 128 characters of text, and I assume it would need to be reprogrammed to increase that limit or to scroll the text like the other FSUIPC-capable ATC solutions.  The inability to access the text is the only thing stopping me from enjoying this program.  😕

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors