Sign in to follow this  
stevefocus

Problem with AI traffic when using payware Aircraft

Okay so I have installed AI traffic following the instructions in this link http://www.avsim.com/topic/437933-an-easy-guide-to-populating-x-plane-10-with-ai-aircraft-for-new-x-plane-users/ The A.I was working great when I was flying in the default 747 but when I use either of my payware aircraft (Jardesign A330 and FlighFactor 757) the AI just sit at the gate doing nothing and none of the aircraft in the air land either, have tried multiple airports with no joy. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Whiterod.

Okay so it looks like i've found the problem, I had a look at the common plugins between the 2 payware aircraft and the only one I could find was one called SASL, I'm not too sure what this one does but on disabling it AI traffic started moving again. Is this plugin important and can I expect any side affects of disabling it?

Steve. 

SASL is the plugin that manage all the avionics of those aircrafts, you can't disable or remove it if you want to use them.

I believe both A330 and 757 are managing some datarefs used by AI traffic, you could try with other aircrafts (pay and free) whose do use SASL in order to check that behaviour (SASL himself can't do that)... do the log.txt show anything about AI traffic?

SASL is the plugin that manage all the avionics of those aircrafts, you can't disable or remove it if you want to use them.

I believe both A330 and 757 are managing some datarefs used by AI traffic, you could try with other aircrafts (pay and free) whose do use SASL in order to check that behaviour (SASL himself can't do that)... do the log.txt show anything about AI traffic?

Yeah just found out I can only disable it if I don't want my aircraft to do anything. :) Just tried loading myself in the default 747 United and AI in my payware a330 and that works but then it didnt load the SASL plugin. I cant see anything in the log that stands out but then I'm really unfamiliar with X-Plane as only got it a couple of days ago.  

Steve.  

Just Loaded up with 1 AI aircraft so the log regarding AI was not so big and this was all that was reported.

0:01:26.204 I/ACF: Loading airplane number 1 with Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/747-400 United.acf
0:01:26.204 I/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Panel.png' (parent = 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/' at 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/Panel.dds'
0:01:26.204 I/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Panel.png' (parent = 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/' at 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/Panel.png'
0:01:26.204 I/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Panel.png' (parent = 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/' at 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/Panel.bmp'
0:01:26.204 I/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Panel.png' (parent = 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/' at 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/Panel.dds'
0:01:26.204 I/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Panel.png' (parent = 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/' at 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/Panel.png'
0:01:26.204 I/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Panel.png' (parent = 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/' at 'Aircraft/Heavy Metal/B747-400 United/Panel.bmp'
0:01:26.204 I/FLT: Init p1 type:loc_general_area lat:50.991386 lon:0.012315 ele(ft):32663.068359 psi:355.792114 spd(kts):281.034515
0:01:26.204 E/FLT: Init p1 type:loc_ram HAD BOGUS RUNWAY! apt:EGLL rwy:3 dir:0
0:01:26.204 I/ATC: p1(N01XP) FP filed - EGLL to KGLH at 36000 via SWB IOM DAP CON BEN 5909N DEVBI 6211N ING KEF BDMC1 6726N 6629N 6733N 6737N MASIK 6644N BAGTO 6449N 6352N 6254N 6156N 6058N 5960N PRAWN ODBOV 5664N 5667N 5569N KAVAB OMREB ILURU YMO YTS 4984N SSM HTL SINNI EON PIA FTZ HUW LIT , type=2
3Dsound Engine by JARDesign v.1.1

Not sure if there is anything useful in that.

Steve.

Partial logs are useless, you need to attach (no copy & paste) it to a message in order to check it entirely.

1 AI aircraft?

Do you mean you've set 1 or 2 under Aircraft->Aircraft & Situations->tab Other Aircraft->number of aircraft?

I don't know if you're aware of that, 1 means your aircraft is the only one around so you do need to set a number greater than 1 in order to have AI traffic.

Okay I couldn't find how to attach files in this forum (maybe I'm just stupid) So I created a shared folder in my dropbox account here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/muaxjsr93imcpig/Log.txt?dl=0  As for AI aircraft its one for me and one AI craft so yeah I have it set at 2 at the moment. Thanks for all the help.

Well, believe or not me too have some problems while trying to understand how to attach a file, I'm no longer able to find the button.

I gave a look at your log, no strange behaviours inside of it so I checked my 757 with two AI planes and AI traffic works fine... try to increase the number and/or check local map (you may need to zoom it out) in order to see where AI aircrafts are actually placed.

Okay so I had the AI set to 20 and it's the same when I'm in the standard 747 all the AI move around fine but then loading up my A330/757 I encounter the same problem. Really frustrating flying around with no one around talk about immersion breaker.

Steve

Very strange, as I said I can't speak for A330 as I don't own it but with the 757 all is fine... try this: go to the root folder of X-Plane then go to the Output folder, inside of it you'll find the preferences folder, rename it and relaunch the simulator (it's a sort of hard reset, like the very first time you launched X-Plane), set the rendering options and the AI planes then try again with the 757.

So I tried removing both A330 and 757 and then reinstalling just the 757 but that didn't work then I did what you suggested and fingers crossed it looks like its sorted. Now I don't know if I want to try reinstalling the A330 just in case it breaks again.  Thanks a lot for your help much appreciated.

Steve 

I believe there's no need to reinstall those planes, it would sound very very strange to me that both of them would have the same issue... in the next days do some other tests and let us know if it works fine.