Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Flightbeam's KSFO HD(v2) coming soon!

No, still using my Saitek Cessna Pro yoke ... it's on my list, just haven't decided yet.

Wow, some great screenshots, need to load up NCA and see how KSFO works ... add MT6 back in the mix.

Cheers, Rob.

Your video seems very fluid for a Saitek compared to mine, are you leaning towards Goflight or Cirrus?

You state that there was no Vas issue, was the video using ASN, and Rex?

Nick Sciortino

ASN disabled, no REX textures used in this video ... have used them in other videos.

Don't know which yet ... but Cirrus and GoFlight are still top of list ... I may sway the GoFlight route when they have their 30% sale.

Cheers, Rob.

I may sway the GoFlight route when they have their 30% sale.

OT but if I knew what I was doing, I'd start manufacturing for that $300-400 market for yokes. Even at 30% off, that's still over $500...

Other possibility is to buy and install ORBX KSQL airport (very niceairport by the way) and to desactivate FTX NCA stuff from KSQL options (cranes, marina, windfarm). 

==> works very well with new KSFOHD, i have switched from min 19 max 50 fps in the bay to min 35 max 65+ fps by doing so

This new airport is awesome 

good.jpg
good2.jpg
good3.jpg

I like the choice of plane here. Living up in Oregon I see it all the time.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Your video seems very fluid for a Saitek compared to mine, are you leaning towards Goflight or Cirrus?

I can't seem to be fluid with my Saitek yoke, but wondering if it's the yoke or me. There seems to be something about transitioning through the neutral positions of the yoke that are never smooth for me, and it causes my desire for subtle corrections while landing to end up over exagerated. I had smother when I was using a Logitech gamepad. I do like and prefer using the yoke and pedals. I'd like to upgrade, but yokes on the next teir really go up in price.

There seems to be something about transitioning through the neutral positions of the yoke that are never smooth for me,

That's why I opted for the PFC Beechcraft yoke in the end. No regrets - worth every penny. That aspect of the Saitek yoke really annoyed me - other than that it was fine.

I can't seem to be fluid with my Saitek yoke, but wondering if it's the yoke or me.

No problem with being fluid with the Saitek Yoke (or any Yoke for that matter - I've had a few).  I suggest you check your sensitivity setting in sim ... not sure about FSX, but in P3D you want max possible sensitivity range 1 to 127 ... this applies to Yoke, Rudders, any axes.

Also check your Joystick device calibration via OS tools ... and recalibrate it.

Cheers, Rob.

Does anybody know where I can see some pics of the airport without Bloom and Daytime shots?  The reason I'm asking is I don't use Bloom and never fly at night.

I watched AirdailyX livestream but its bloomed out at night.  Robs videos are also at dusk/dawn or night with bloom.

Yes I could download and install but I would have to uninstall my old KSFO and not really keen on doing that until I buy the new one.

Thanks.

Sean Green

Does anybody know where I can see some pics of the airport without Bloom and Daytime shots?  The reason I'm asking is I don't use Bloom and never fly at night.

I watched AirdailyX livestream but its bloomed out at night.  Robs videos are also at dusk/dawn or night with bloom.

Yes I could download and install but I would have to uninstall my old KSFO and not really keen on doing that until I buy the new one.

Thanks.

This video doesnt appear to have any bloom. Its FSX though, not sure if you are looking for P3D

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Thanks for the video but yes I was looking for P3D.  He does show a little more of what I was looking for so it helped in my decision.

Thank You.

Sean Green

Rob Ainscough, on 18 Sept 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

No problem with being fluid with the Saitek Yoke (or any Yoke for that matter - I've had a few). I suggest you check your sensitivity setting in sim ... not sure about FSX, but in P3D you want max possible sensitivity range 1 to 127 ... this applies to Yoke, Rudders, any axes.

Also check your Joystick device calibration via OS tools ... and recalibrate it.

Cheers, Rob.

I'll have a look again at those settings. I thought I had sensitivity set to 127 and null zones near minimum. I'll play around with those again because I have a feeling my settings are poor.

Does anybody know where I can see some pics of the airport without Bloom and Daytime shots?

I can get you some pics this weekend.

I thought I had sensitivity set to 127 and null zones near minimum.

To be honest I have no idea why anyone would not want the most range out of their input device (Joystick, Yoke, etc.) ... kinda baffles me why Sensitivity and Null Zones even exists for device that do the conversion of analog to digital prior to hitting the USB port.  I have yet to see a case where I would want anything other than MAX sensitivity value and MIN Null zone value.

Cheers, Rob.

I can get you some pics this weekend.

Thank you Rob really appreciate you taking time to do this.

Sean Green

Thanks.

The stream was presented in P3D v2.5. HDR was not used and I do not use bloom effects. I have FSX:SE but that's only used for reviewing products made exclusively for the Steam edition. Hope this helps. 

Thank you Rob really appreciate you taking time to do this.

As requested these are some Bloom adjustments I made (see my "Perfect HDR" thread).  Pictures were done 2 hours prior to Dusk on 9/19/2015.  Sky textures are not default (they can be found in AVSIM library) ... Sky textures have a significant impact on HDR ... so if you experiment suggest you start with default base sky textures to get a baseline.

In order of Low Bloom to High Bloom WARNING LARGE IMAGES (3840 x 2160)

2d2ac2a651536e353ca3e3f48d6db98f.jpg

b17ed2ea3c2732c0c15031e8785a97f1.jpg

25ddcc26af477bbce5fa434e533abeb6.jpg

49f3f3e03b9db03b20d13911117ec09c.jpg

d34f35133b21688ef670a17665be0113.jpg

Cheers, Rob.