Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Release of the Lear 35A Imminent

I just realized (with a red face) we have an Official FlySimWare support forum here at AVSIM.  It is my policy not to move topics related to Official Support Forums to that forum so the topic will remain here.  If it was an unofficial support forum, I probably would have moved this to that forum.  Just letting everyone know there is also an Official FlySimWare Support Forum here at AVSIM.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Everyone,

Yes, the 35A will feature full systems integration, just as our previous releases have. I'm sure you're all going to be very pleased with the finished product!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Hi everybody!

Looking at the overall quality of their previous release such as the 441 Conquest and the Mitsubishi I'm waiting this baby eagerly and I'm optimistic! I already have the Lionheart 24B, I like it and could be top notch with more operative systems like for example pressurization! For the Flysimware, as a FSX SE user, I appreciate a lot they make their product compatible and also they provide the GTN750 integration which is a really easy GPS to use. 

Cheers

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I have accepted I'm one of the only users still on regular fsx and enjoying the reality-xp gps, still would be nice to have a rxp 530 as an option for this addon company's fleet of what looks like great and fun airplanes.

You should switch to GTN750 777200LRF imo it's really better than 530 to use and has more features, anyway I agree with you , this plane should be great if we look at their previous release, not may be the best looking(according to some comments I saw) but for the systems onboard for sure!

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

You should switch to GTN750 777200LRF imo it's really better than 530 to use and has more features, anyway I agree with you , this plane should be great if we look at their previous release, not may be the best looking(according to some comments I saw) but for the systems onboard for sure!

Not a big fan of the GTN, too many options packed in but a lot of missing features or so complicated to do simple things. I like the ability to tune a VOR and have the dme and info of it right there in the 430/530. I like being able to quickly change  and tune frequencies. Changing from gps to vor takes 5 clicks on the unit and only 1 click on the 530/430. I like the operation of the old units better and even the look/style of them appeals to me more than the big color screens that are so busy with stuff on them. older but more simple. Also I do not find many of these units in real life and like to practice using units I come across often. Oh and last not least I am on a budget these days after spending so much on a computer and airplanes/scenery I have no extra money for the GTN package.

If I had $100 for the unit package I'd rather use that money towards another nice airplane (maybe buy the p3d PMDG update), sceneries or for P3dv3 itself.

RealAir, A2A, and the Carenado PC-12 are the only airplanes I fly that have RXP support and that is what I have in my hanger.

I'll agree with you on the part about VOR ID and DME readout - that's sorely missing from the GTN

But 5 clicks to go from GPS to vloc?

It's one press assuming you're on the home screen (map page)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Those paint jobs must be among the worst I have ever seen on an airplane. but, I am from the old school. Did my homework while most of the class was passed out on acid. These may appeal to those that didn't OD.

Seeing the GTN750 in the panel may be the only appealing item to me.

Regards.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I'll agree with you on the part about VOR ID and DME readout - that's sorely missing from the GTN

But 5 clicks to go from GPS to vloc?

It's one press assuming you're on the home screen (map page)

VOR identification is done by listening the morse code and you can do it from the GTN, but I agree for the DME distance.

I also agree with Raymar the paint jobs are not so good(the real N135AJ is more silver than grey) and I expect skinners to improve them as unfortunately I've no talent for that :nea:  

Patrick Mussotte

But on the GNS you didn't need to listen to morse - this is why modern airliners simply display the navaid three letter when you tune a VOR. The three letters can legally be used in lieu of morse.

Essentially the glass cockpits of today decode the morse and display a three letter combo

The GNS530 does this whereas the GTN does not

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I quit my job of flight engineer already 13 years ago. In those days we didn't have glass cockpit in my DC 10 :P we had to identify VOR by their morse code :wink:

Patrick Mussotte

Do know what real world short comings of a Garmin unit has to do with this release...?

I agree that there should be an option for third party GNS integration.

RobdeVries.jpg

Do know what real world short comings of a Garmin unit has to do with this release...?

Yes.  This new release will only support the third party unit which HAS the shortcomings being discussed.  Someone offered that the newer unit is better anyway which is why others brought up the limitations.

The point is moot for FSX-SE and P3D users anyway, as the RXP units don't work on either platform and it is highly, HIGHLY unlikely that they ever will, which is most likely why many newer releases like this one are supporting the newer F1 GTNs which are available for FSX, FSX-SE and P3D.  Well, that and support from the GPS unit's vendor <cough>.

Don't get me wrong - I love my RXP units, but they're becoming less and less viable due to the developer's having abandoned them.

Scott

There's the option of Mindstar GNS unit's. The're for FSX and P3D. So that might the way to go. However compared to the RXP unit's I find them rather clunky and missing WAAS capabilities. Moreover the developer is quite good in his job but also clunky in his communication.

But..release the Lear! :wink:

RobdeVries.jpg