Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Which A330? Jardesigns or RW

I'm trying to decide which is better? The RW A330 or the Jardesigns A330. I'm looking for systems depth,best VC and best frames.

I'm new to XP but a life long flight simmer. Also how do these planes compare to the pmdg 777/NGX.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I don't like the FBW modeling in JarDesings A320.

I do like the QPAC A320, with FBW inherited by Peter's Airbus series, as well as by the RW Airbus 330 ( I  believe... )

I've read the JarDesign A330 has a better FBW and FDM than the original A320, wich I own and do not even have installed., but system's wise and in terms of extra functionality, like co-pilot checklists, some MCDU features and the like, the JarDesign model appears to go beyond...

I'm also trying to decide, although I will probably wait for the "Plus" or "Premium" versions of the QPAC:

http://www.qpac-us.com/index.php/feature-comparision

in terms of detailed systems modelling, I don't believe we have anything comparable to PMDG for X-Plane 10 yet :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm also trying to decide

Hey Buddy - The FF A350 is on sale today!  Just downloaded it!

John

John Wingold

I have the jardesigns A320 and It has still a long way to go. (The fbw is the hell). I paid fricking 70 euros for this and it isn't even close to pmdg :mad:. The vc is poor and they have modelled fbw just by forcing trim in some position or another. I'm dissapointed in jardesigns to say the least and I wouldn't buy their A330 if nobody would recommend it to me in person.

I have both the A320 & A330 from Jar. They have recently updated the FBW model on the 320 and it is much better but the cockpit textures still need some updating. I must admit out of my current X-Plane hanger (FF 757, 777, A320 & A330) the 330 is my favourite at the moment. The virtual cockpit is a great place to be and the addon sound pack you can get makes it even better. The recent update also brought mouse wheel support and a whole new ground handling experience. Sure it is not PMDG level but fully enjoyable nonetheless. I would say the MCD has around 90% functionality of the Aerosoft buses.

I have only had X-Plane for a few months but I must admit I seem to spend 95% of my time in it. Flying though areas of the awesome HD mesh is simply stunning. I even brought the Carenado B1900 which I am loving too and seriously considering the FlyJSim 732 this weekend. The real cherry on the cake will be the 737 from IEXG. That will be a game changer for X-Plane.

I still use my DX10 FSX which served me very well and I tried P3D but just could not get a smooth experience and gave up for the time being. I am eagerly waiting for Steam to release an update for X-Plane but for now all in all I am loving my hobby :)

Hope this helps,

Happy Labour Day weekend !

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Don't be misled, we do not have a single aircraft in X-Plane that is PMDG quality yet.

RWDesigns A333 is basic and it's systems / FMGS are lacking in many areas.

JarDesign A332 is better but still a long way from a study sim (if it ever intents to be a study sim).

FF A350's fly-by-wire is powered by QPAC and that's propably it's biggest advantage. Other than that after you buy it the manual will inform you that "advanced" line of FF products are the most basic ones they release. The FMGS doesn't even compute Vspeeds for you (i do not consider the number of A350s flying IRL as an excuse).

If you were to ask me which aircraft is the most complete and polished at the moment in X-Plane, i would say LES Saab 340.

Regards,

Radek

When it comes to tube liners on any platform, it's PMDG and everyone else.

NAX669.png

Yes, I think rdb has perfectly captured the situation...

I'm also waiting for a promotional sale of the LES Saab. I have the LES dc-3, and it's still one of my preferred X-Plane add-ons.

But for classic airliners, I believe FJsim's 727s and 737s are on pair with the best we have for FSX / P3D, right ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I have both the A320 & A330 from Jar. They have recently updated the FBW model on the 320 and it is much better but the cockpit textures still need some updating. I must admit out of my current X-Plane hanger (FF 757, 777, A320 & A330) the 330 is my favourite at the moment. The virtual cockpit is a great place to be and the addon sound pack you can get makes it even better. The recent update also brought mouse wheel support and a whole new ground handling experience. Sure it is not PMDG level but fully enjoyable nonetheless. I would say the MCD has around 90% functionality of the Aerosoft buses.

I have only had X-Plane for a few months but I must admit I seem to spend 95% of my time in it. Flying though areas of the awesome HD mesh is simply stunning. I even brought the Carenado B1900 which I am loving too and seriously considering the FlyJSim 732 this weekend. The real cherry on the cake will be the 737 from IEXG. That will be a game changer for X-Plane.

I still use my DX10 FSX which served me very well and I tried P3D but just could not get a smooth experience and gave up for the time being. I am eagerly waiting for Steam to release an update for X-Plane but for now all in all I am loving my hobby :)

Hope this helps,

Happy Labour Day weekend !

Richard

Have you found a way to make the cities look better? They look very blocky to me in XP.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm trying to decide which is better? The RW A330 or the Jardesigns A330. I'm looking for systems depth,best VC and best frames.

I'm new to XP but a life long flight simmer. Also how do these planes compare to the pmdg 777/NGX.

I don't own the RW A330 but for what I have read it is fairly light on systems.

The Jar A330 is probably the best A330 available for any flight sim platform at the moment. The developer has been busy making it work in Apple operating system so they will now turn their attention to fixing some of the bugs and improving the package.

As it is, despite being a working beta, it is very good and immersive, comes with Ground services, a good workable MCDU which follows route and SIDS as well as STARS, and it feels nice. The handling is a little too "brisk" at the moment but the FBW logic is quite good.

I'm in the fence between this one and the RW which incorporates the QPAC FBW modeling...

Hey Buddy - The FF A350 is on sale today!  Just downloaded it!

John

John, thx for the hint....

I decided to get two smaller ones :-) :

- The Antares 20 E 

- The Dreamfoil R-22

I'm glad with both, although gliders still fall really short in any of the three sims ( FSX / P3D / XP ) to satisfy me :-/   They're all to touchy, stall strangely, ... But! At least in X-Plane I know how to fix it more or less easily...

The R-22, with that gauge to adjust the sensitivity of each axis is simply amazing. I have to make it compatible with the hardware I use, but for a start the first few flights, including an autorotation and a VRS experience revealed a very good model!

I am in the fence regarding 3 airliners:

- The SSG 748i, seldom mentioned. One of the team members is also a dedicated Aerowinx PS1 and now PSX user :-)

- The recently known to me RW A330, which uses the famous QPAC FBW logic module

- The JarDesign A330 - but I really don't like the FBW of their A320....

- The FF A350, which also uses the QPAC FBW logic module

In as far as the Airbus 320 is concerned I prefer to wait for the upcoming upgrade ( including 3d cockpit ) versions of the QPAC.

Main Simulation Rig:

I'll purchase the RW330 today. For narrow body Airbus flights, I still enjoy the A320 by Peter. One JAR product was enough for me.

Thx Ralf !

Main Simulation Rig:

Done. Too bad I don't have the time to fly it until next weekend. Usually I don't need that much time to make a purchase decision. I looked at Peters A330 again and again. I don't mind flying an airliner without a 3d cockpit but I think the good fly by wire plugin is not part of his older products.

From the support page at Peter's site I'd say it has a nice cockpit, and should have the QPAC plugin too ( ? ) 

http://www.petersaircraft.com/index_E.html

I think your option was a good one :-)

Main Simulation Rig: