Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

X Plane.org sale - which airliner to get?

Big sale and I can't pass it up but not sure which airliner to get. I am torn between the FlyJSim 37 and 27 package. Also consider other options. Anyone have one of the above and wish to share their thoughts - or offer another alternative?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Big sale and I can't pass it up but not sure which airliner to get. I am torn between the FlyJSim 37 and 27 package. Also consider other options. Anyone have one of the above and wish to share their thoughts - or offer another alternative?

If you are into Classic airliners, you cant overlook these two. I had only the 727-200 pack but thanks to this sale I now have the complete pack. The 737-200 has been updated a couple of weeks ago with a better 3D cockpit and lots of functionality so it is a more mature product despite being more recent than the 727.

The developer has stated he will now start work on the 727 and bring it up to the same level of detail as the 737. Personally, I have a soft spot for the 727 so am happy to wait, but you cant go wrong with either, they are both fantastic quality.

the 727 is currently getting an update including an FMC and it will be glorious. You can even watch him stream the update progress.  These two planes are currently the best steamguage tubeliners you can get imho. And with the update the 727 will get an FMC so there you will be able to get a fix :)

Thanks, one more question - are the windows in the passenger cabin real or painted on?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, one more question - are the windows in the passenger cabin real or painted on?

I had never noticed...LOL, I just turned on my machine to have a look and they are indeed only painted on.

To be honest, you have so much going on with these birds that you never think of looking at the cabin. I failed 3 out of my last 5 flights as I stalled it in a turn, and also managed to cook the engines. It is great fun to learn to fly and control

the 727 is currently getting an update including an FMC and it will be glorious. You can even watch him stream the update progress. These two planes are currently the best steamguage tubeliners you can get imho. And with the update the 727 will get an FMC so there you will be able to get a fix :)

Navigraph updatable?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Jack is coding multiple options for the 727.

- CIVA: An old school add-on from .org for 10 bucks. This is what they used before they got GPS

- GNS 530 - Baked into X-Plane so you've already got it and it's Navigraph up-datable.

- X-FMC - Freeware addon  that is Navigraph up-datable.

This next update is going to make the 727 the "Go-To" heavy metal for me in X-Plane.

I alreay had the JAR and purchased the RW Design A330-300. I must say I prefer the JAR. It seems to fly beter but the RW A330 is not bad for the prices and  I did a few short flights with flight plans and SID's and STAR's you will need to follow this guide for those and it followed them fine.

I ended up purchasing the JARDesign A330, I'm so happy with my choice.

I'm thinking about getting the plane. How are the VC textures?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

On the Jardesign how are the frame rates? Can you look out of the passenger windows? Is there any interactive tutorial? Any little things that really stand out and make it special?

Thanks

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I'm thinking about getting the plane. How are the VC textures?

Best I ever seen for an Airbus for X-Plane, I compare it to the ones of the Aerosoft FSX Airbuses.

Alexander Colka

If you like props, I recommend the EMB-110. Very awesome aircraft for the price

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

On the Jardesign how are the frame rates? Can you look out of the passenger windows? Is there any interactive tutorial? Any little things that really stand out and make it special?

Thanks

The frames in my case are about the same of the FF 777 or 757 if you have those, I was surprised of that. You can look out of the passenger windows to a very nice wing view, the eye candy and systems depth are superb (and the sounds too). About docs, manuals, tutorials, etc., you can look at the Jardesign forums. And the little things? well for me, best Airbus vc for X-Plane yet, nice in flight checklists, excellent pax cabin, great sounds (every possible switch click is there), plenty of liveries at the forum, all the system depth you may want (this is a serious sim) SIDs, STARs, the FBW feels pretty solid, so yes for me this Airbus is special.

Alexander Colka