Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

X Plane.org sale - which airliner to get?

Thanks, one more question; is there a quick way to start and fly? I am a bit concerned it may be too complex for me but I am considering it.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Sure there is a hot start (quick start) feature when the plane is cold and dark, very useful feature.

Alexander Colka

Starting an Airbus up is actually quite straightforward. The MCDU (FMS in Airbus parlance) can take a little getting used to as can the push/pull managed/manual autopilot controls. Actually I find them easier to handle than Boeings.

Jardesign does not supply any manuals though and expects users to know Airbus systems. Their stuff is getting better graphically but I have say systems-wise is not as polished or as faithful to the original as the Aerosoft A3XX series for FS.

Airbus for me is still confined to anything using the QPAC fbw module, like Peter's aircraft or QPAC itself...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

What about the JarDesign A 320 Neo ?

I noticed it comes with more things like a follow me truck which I don't think the 330 comes with..

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

What about the JarDesign A 320 Neo ?

I noticed it comes with more things like a follow me truck which I don't think the 330 comes with..

Unfortunately, the follow me truck thus nothing for the flight dynamics and FBW implementation, and I really don't like, never liked, the feel of the JarDesign Neo that much, specially after having tried the QPAC.

But in my previous post I forgot that also the FF A350 and the RW A330 are now QPAC FBW equipped.

Of course since the JarDesigns models are WIP too, I will try them again each time new / revised versions are made available...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I may be wrong here, but on the JARDesign forums there is a beta release of the A320 that includes the QPAC FBW implementation. I've tried it and it is definitely better. It still has issues, but the Beta 4 version is a good few steps in the right direction.

there is a beta release of the A320 that includes the QPAC FBW implementation
Howdy Paul, are you absolutely sure about that statement? I read that JAR believes he can make his own A320/A330 FBW simulation approach the standards of QPAC but he is not considering using it for now. If he did it sure would be nice but I don't believe that's on the table to be honest.

The test is simple.... perform an autoland under x-wind.... with turbulence... Nothing comes close to any airbus "powered" by the QPAC FBW module...

Main Simulation Rig:

I think you're right Dave. I'm getting confused with probably a recent Airbus release; maybe a FF one?

However, my original statement holds true. Improvements to the FBW have been made, My very brief tests show that it doesn't resemble a drinking duck on a hand flown approach anymore. More testing required. It's a hangar queen though beside the LES Saab 340 and the FlyJSim offerings.

What about the FF A350 ? Interesting but from reading the descriptions I don't see that is has rain effects or some of the other neat things FF uses on it's other planes. Maybe because it is not the pro version?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I am considering that one indeed It looks great graphically, and comes with the QPAC FBW module, if I understood correctly...

Main Simulation Rig:

Yes,  just wish there was more detailed description of the effects. I realize it is their lite version so not expecting much but would prefer rain effects and good lighting.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Howdy Paul, are you absolutely sure about that statement? I read that JAR believes he can make his own A320/A330 FBW simulation approach the standards of QPAC but he is not considering using it for now. If he did it sure would be nice but I don't believe that's on the table to be honest.

It's actually the RWDesigns-A330 that has the QPAC FBW.

I bit this sale too and increased my x-plane collecction getting the:

Flight factor airbus A350

Jardesign A330-243

Flyjsim 732 Twinjet

Jrollon CRJ-200

Then with some points I had I redeemed for the CIVA navigator