Sign in to follow this  
Joe Flyer2

FSX SDK SimConnect: Something is wrong and I can't fix it myself.

I've recently wanted to place scenery through the Object Placement tool provided by the Missions Creations feature of SDK. I was excited when I learned I can do this... but a myriad of problems took me off guard.

I first noticed this when the "Tools" tab in the Menu Bar did not show up. I researched to find a cause; some people said it had to do with the dll.xml file; some said it had to do with a folder path mismatch. Some even said it was because the SDK and FSK Service Packs didn't match.

So for the past five hours I've been trying to crack the code (literally and figuratively). I made the proper edits to the dll.xml file (change "True" values to "False), I ensured the folderpaths in the dll.xml file were correct, and I ensure I had SP2 for SDK installed.

Then, almost and hour ago, I stumbled across a post on FlightSim.com that seemed to tie everything together. I went to the extent of copying the SimConnect.xml file into the ...\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder.

*link removed*

Then, just as the post said, I copied the SimConnect.ini file in to the Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder path so I could see the SimConnect Diagnostic Output window.

After following the directions of multiple threads, disabling add-on scenery, disabling aicarriers, FSUIPC, FsCaptain, FsInn/FsCopilot, and making sure the dll.xml was up to par with many suggestions, I had hopes of the "Tools" tab appearing on the Menu Bar.

Of course, with my luck, still no cigar.

I am just tired of trying pretty much everything I could find to no avail.

Basic problem: Tools tab won't appear, and the Service Packs keep mismatching, even though I made sure I had the latest one.

NOTE: I have FSX Acceleration, downloaded from Microsoft. For this reason, I can't access the disks' contents because I don't have the disks.

*I will post the SimConnect diagnostic message as soon as possible. It should shed a lot of insight towards the situation, especially since there are some of you out there who could read these messages much better than I can.

Thanks in advance! I really have become aggravated from the complexity of this situation.

From,

Joe

EDIT: And on top of that, I can't figure out how to attach an image.

EDIT (again): You know what? I'll just email the diagnostics message to whoever needs it to provide a helpful response. AVSIM is started to get difficult with file attachments. 

Edited by Jim Young
removed external link

*Also, my contact email for AVSIM is *removed*

Thanks again!

Edited by Jim Young
Removed e-mail address to protect users privacy. Please use the AVSIM PM system to communicate.

NOTE: I have FSX Acceleration, downloaded from Microsoft. For this reason, I can't access the disks' contents because I don't have the disks.

FSX or FSX Acceleration is not available for download from Microsoft.  The only way to download FSX Gold (which contains both FSX Deluxe and Acceleration) is to buy the Dovetail version entitled "FSX-Steam Edition.  You may be indicating you only downloaded Acceleration from Microsoft which is also not possible.  But you do not need Acceleration.  You can download the freeware version of Acceleration (SP2) from Microsoft.

You are out of luck if you do not have Disk 1 of FSX Deluxe (Standard version does not have the SDK).  If you do have FSX Deluxe and the basic SDK from Disk 1, then the following link provides links to the other parts - http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29

Since it appears you might have an illegal copy of FSX and/or Acceleration, getting support from our membership will be difficult.  You might want to read the AVSIM Terms of Service in regards to pirating software. 

If you did not purchase FSX Deluxe, then you have no other option but to purchase the FSX-Steam Edition as FSX Deluxe and Acceleration is almost impossible to find and purchase.  You need the DVD's for these two products.

EDIT: And on top of that, I can't figure out how to attach an image.

The AVSIM screenshot forum has a pinned topic on how to place (embed) an image in the forums. 

EDIT (again): You know what? I'll just email the diagnostics message to whoever needs it to provide a helpful response. AVSIM is started to get difficult with file attachments.

Have you ever heard of copy and paste?  You copy the text, come to this forum and paste the text into your post.  Why attach an image or document?  Using this forum to find individuals to email information on how to get around any illegal activities will not be allowed. 

I apologize if I misread your OP but I do know you cannot purchase and download FSX Deluxe/Acceleration from Microsoft.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

But it was available from the Games for Windows Marketplace.

Thanks Gerry for your helpful comments.  The link you provided is about an individual downloading FS Gold from Microsoft, not FSX Deluxe or Acceleration.  FSX Deluxe and Acceleration may have been available for purchase from Microsoft's Store in the past but I have never heard of downloads of these products from Microsoft.  FSX Gold might have been available for purchase and download.  I never purchased from there except to get MS Flight.  Again, we are talking about FSX and Acceleration, not FSX Gold.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

:Whistle:+Jim Young

***Let me get something across right now: I simply referred to FSX Gold as Acceleration due to my own lack of knowledge. I perfectly legally purchased FSX Gold Edition from Microsoft. I have proof, but I am obligated not to show it on the AVSIM forums for other reasons. 

Being that you are a staff member, I would very much appreciate if you could edit my original post (since I no longer can) to say *Gold Edition* in place of Acceleration (then maybe delete this follow-up post?).

I suppose I was mislead because the FSX Homescreen says "FSX Acceleration." But yes, I purchased *FSX Gold Edition* from Microsoft.

Thank you for pointing that out so soon. I wasn't aware the packages were different. I guess I can't remember because I purchased FSX maybe four years ago, but it says right there in the Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace that I made a legitimate purchase of FSX Gold Edition.

I just want to make it clear that I don't support illegal copies of software.

Once again, thank you for clearing that up :good:

--> Also, you mentioned why I had no need to post an image. I know I don't, and I didn't want to. But considering this specific Diagnostic Message didn't permit to copy and paste, I preferred to save the time and just screenshot (and crop) it. Since you refer to the whole e-mail thing as my means as illegal activities, then I will try to embed the image of the message. I am not offended because you have valuable reasoning, but just know I did nothing illegal.

I should have said this in the original post, but I didn't know. I was just getting frustrated after 5 straight hours of going through files, researching, testing, and repeat.

The OP here states he downloaded FSX and Acceleration.

I can't  check now because Microsoft took the download when it licenced to FSX to DTG.

+mgh Yes, I'm aware. That's why I am making a big fuss about how I really misused the term "Acceleration." Technically, that is what I have, but I purchased it with Deluxe Edition in the "Gold Edition" package that was available for purchasable download from Microsoft.

SimConnect Diagnostic OutPut Message:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.02239 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect. MaxClients=64
0.02765 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=53082, MaxClients=64
0.03132 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=53083, MaxClients=64

0.03224 File not found: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe"
0.19418 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
0.22414 DLL Loaded: Path="FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll" Version="1.0.0.0"
0.28416 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" Version="10.0.61472.0"
0.30823 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll" Version="10.0.61472.0"
0.33113 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll" Version-"10.0.61472.0"

I typed up the message. By the looks of it, SimConnect might be looking in the wrong spot for some of the files?

I will not edit your OP. You have adequately explained your actions.

My response had a link to the FS Developers website that provides all the other SP's you have to download and install, depending on the version of FSX installed, in order to get the SDK to work.  I note you have FSX/SP2 installed and not FSX/Acceleration so not sure why FSX Gold did not install FSX Deluxe and the Acceleration.  This means you need to uninstall SP2 and then install Acceleration.  Do not try to install Acceleration over SP2.  SP2 is Acceleration with coding to make sure you cannot use the aircraft and scenery and missions in the payware version - Acceleration.  SP2 and Acceleration are NOT compatible.

You do have the correct version of SimConnect installed.

Since you have FSX installed in the default location, you will need to make sure UAC is disabled and any anti-virus program has been disabled and not scanning your FSX. 

You need to check your files in Windows Explorer and make sure EZCA is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe".  That's the only file that was not found.

Glad we got this straightened out regarding the versions of FSX you have installed.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I vague recall there might have been somwthing odd about the FSX download. Maybe someone else will be able to shed to some light on it.

+Jim Young Thank you so much. I appreciate your understanding and prompt response. I'm going to try out what you suggested. Honestly, I know that you know what you're talking about, so assuming I'll do it right, everything should work out fine. I'll report back, but I still have two questions before I do:

What does UAC stand for?

Also, you're telling me I have SP2, and not Acceleration. This part confuses me because I have access to all aircraft, scenery areas, and missions. Once again, I have a genuine FSX, so are you saying that if I didn't have Acceleration, I wouldn't have all the aircraft/scenery/missions?

If I do only have SP2, and I uninstall it, how would I got Acceleration? To my understanding, I'd have to reinstall FSX, but how would I be sure that just SP2 won't install again?  

I am not arguing, I'm just genuinely confused. Really confused, actually, because I have a genuine copy, full access (I think), and I still have the download from Microsoft in Games for Windows Marketplace with the product key. On top of that, to my understanding, FSX installed correctly, so... Oh vey. It's probably quite simple, but I just don't see it.   :shok:

And I thought I had FSX figured out! :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Also, you're telling me I have SP2, and not Acceleration. This part confuses me because I have access to all aircraft, scenery areas, and missions.

If you have the F-18, P-51 Racer, and EH101 Helo then you have the Acceration pack installed.

Ernest Pergrem

If you have the F-18, P-51 Racer, and EH101 Helo then you have the Acceration pack installed.

I have those aircraft. I love them all.

You may have the wrong versions of object_placement.dll, traffictoolbox.dll, and visualfxtool.dll.

Your version numbers are all 10.0.61472.0. My FSX+Acceleration versions are all 10.0.61637.0.

What are the actual versions of your .dlls on disk?

UAC is User Access Controls.  Go to your Windows search bar in the lower left corner and search for UAC or User Access Controls and you will get more information on how to disable.

Acceleration installed additional aircraft, scenery and missions.  The freeware version of Acceleration (SP2) just has the upgrade to FSX and it is coded so you cannot use the aircraft, scenery, and missions in Acceleration.

Version number 10.0.61472.0 is FSX SP2.  Version number 10.0.61637.0 is FSX/Acceleration.

SP2 will never ever be installed if you own Acceleration.  You have to download SP2 from the Microsoft FS Insider website and you should never ever do this if you own Acceleration as they are not compatible.  Acceleration has the upgrades that were placed in SP2 plus the payware items I mentioned.  If you downloaded and installed FS Gold, that has FSX/Acceleration.  SP2 is not needed.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM