Sign in to follow this  
Joe Flyer2

FSX SDK SimConnect: Something is wrong and I can't fix it myself.

I've got a stock install of FSX+A and the SDKs, and I edited the dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\Object_Placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Run up FSX and the Object Placement tool was found to be working on the first attempt.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...also make sure all three simconnect versions are installed. SP2 will be installed with Acelleration. The others are also required with some tools, I can't remember which with which right now.

10.0.60905.0, build 60905
10.0.61242.0, build 61355
10.0.61259.0, build 61637

60905 and 61355 are available in the SDK:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM\SimConnect.msi"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1\SimConnect.msi"

Okay, let me just update you. I am very much confused now. I just checked, and I have FSX Acceleration Version number 10.0.61637.0 installed. Why wouldn't SimConnect recognize that? I made sure FSX was NOT running as administrator. Is my version of SDK not compatible with Acceleration? Should I just overhaul SDK by completely removing it then reinstalling via downloadable files?

I'm telling you I have Acceleration, so that is no longer my problem :). Since I have Acceleration, shouldn't SDK be working? :unknw: While I'm at it, here's my dll.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
.     <Descr>Launch</Descr>
.     <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
.     <Disabled>False</Disabled>
.     <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
.     <Launch.Addon>
.          <Name>FsPassengersX</Name>
.          <Disabled>False</Disabled>
.          <Path>FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll</Path>
.     </Launch.Addon>
.     <Launch.Addon>
.          <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
.          <Disabled>False</Disabled>
.          <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
.          <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
.     </Launch.Addon>
.     <Launch.Addon>
.          <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
.          <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
.     </Launch.Addon>
.     <Launch.Addon>
.          <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
.          <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X .SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
.     </Launch.Addon>
.</SimBase.Document>

(Don't mind the periods at the end. I put them in for formatting purposes on this thread).

Would having FsPassengers on my Menu Bar in FSX be problematic?

Thanks,

Joe N.

Also, +SteveW

I just read your post. Are you saying I should install builds 60905 and 61335? Just clarifying. Why wouldn't they be installed if they should be? Thanks.  

Some of those tools might use earlier versions of simconnect but i'm not sure if or which. I would search in "C:\Windows\WinSxS" for simconnect with Explorer, and check you got all three installed, since your installation seems possibly suspect. Another thing to try is just enable one of those dll.xml items at a time, to see if it's possible one interferes with another.

According to WinSxS I have 3 SimConnect.dlls, 6 manifests, and 3 folders pertaining to SimConnect.

Here are the details:

DLL 1: SimConnect 10.0.60905.0

DLL 2: SimConnect 10.0.61242.0

DLL 3: SimConnect 10.0.61259.0

That seems good, at least we're not barking up the wrong tree. Check out one thing at a time in dll.xml refer to my example.

You have the gold version? I hope you didn't try to install the SP2 on top of that. If you did you will need to do a clean install again. 

When you install the first part of FSX gold before you run the acceleration disk did you install the SDK?

I believe it updates some of the SDK and simconnect too.

http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

might help you

Check the version simconnect.h inC:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\inc\simconnect.h

Early lines in the file state which version of simconnect is used. FSX +Acceleration has "version='" "10.0.61259.0" "' " \

#ifndef SIMCONNECT_H_NOMANIFEST
#if _MSC_FULL_VER >= 140040130
#ifdef _M_IX86
#pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' " \
    "name='" "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect" "' " \
    "version='" "10.0.61259.0" "' " \
    "processorArchitecture='x86' " \
    "publicKeyToken='" "67c7c14424d61b5b" "'\"")
#endif
#endif
#endif  //SIMCONNECT_H_NOMANIFEST

I believe it updates some of the SDK and simconnect too.

Hi Steve,

Good info but I already provided him with that information and link to FSDevelopers.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You had me a little confused there for a second Jim, until I realised you meant Slayer. You're the best!

Okay, okay, okay. When you guys say SP2, are you specifically referring to SDK SP2 or FSX SP2?

Sorry for being a real pain, by the way.   :Frustrated:

Also, +mgh, I checked and I do, indeed, have SDK version 10.0.61259.0.

Oh I almost forgot: am I in a unique situation? I don't want to waste your time with something that's already been solved elsewhere.

Me personally, I'm referring to FSX SP2.  Not sure why you would say you're in a unique situation.  FS Gold is the same as FSX Deluxe and Acceleration.  Nothing unique about that.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

+Jim Young

That's not quite what I meant by unique situation. I meant, is there anyone else on AVSIM who has FSX Acceleration who has had my specific set of circumstances (correct version of FSXA and SimConnect, but still not cigar)? If none come to mind, don't bother looking, as I don't want to waster your time.

Oh, and by the way, I did not try to install FSX SP2.

@Joe Flyer2

I may have missed it but  did you uninstall EZCA completely (post #8)?

+Jim Young

That's not quite what I meant by unique situation. I meant, is there anyone else on AVSIM who has FSX Acceleration who has had my specific set of circumstances (correct version of FSXA and SimConnect, but still not cigar)? If none come to mind, don't bother looking, as I don't want to waster your time.

Oh, and by the way, I did not try to install FSX SP2.

I tell everyone else to take a deep breath and move on but I need to do that too once in a while.  I locked this topic and decided to unlock.  I cannot prove prior membership or even pirating so I removed those comments.  But I am very upset with your responses.  It's like you are playing a game with the membership here.    You say - "Okay, okay, okay. When you guys say SP2, are you specifically referring to SDK SP2 or FSX SP2?" in post #26.  I respond with "Me personally, I'm referring to FSX SP2.  Not sure why you would say you're in a unique situation.  FS Gold is the same as FSX Deluxe and Acceleration.  Nothing unique about that."  And then you make the comments above.  I'm not sure what's going on here.  We are already on page 2 going to page 3 for a very simple fix.  We provided you the link to the fsdeveloper website which has download links you need to install the SDK properly.  That's what your OP was about right.  Getting the SDK installed?  I will be monitoring your comments and may decide to lock this topic after all. 

Submit News to AVSIM