Sign in to follow this  
TomEDDW

Heavy stuttering...need help please!

Hey folks!

I recently made the change from FSX to P3D and i have a quite stuttery P3D with steady FPS at 60 on a 120 Hz Monitor.
Flying and panning around is really jerky and the sim is not enjoyable for me.

I have observed, that the stutters go away as soon as is press P and pause the sim. Everything smoothens up then.
Repressing P gives me stutters again.

Has anybody experienced this? Or has a clue on this?

My specs:

I7-3820 @ 4.5 Ghz
Asus X79 Sabertooth
Nvidia GTX970
16 GB RAM
Win 7
P3D is freshly installed and untweaked except Optimize Parts =1

I lowered all Graphics, tried different vSynch and Refreshrate options as well as different ways of limiting
the Framerate. Nothing helped so far.

Quite similar problem with FSX:SE which never had any problems before.

So...many thanks in advance!

Tom

Try limiting your frames to 30.  That's all you need.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your reply but limiting it to 30 FPS makes stuttering even worse.

EDIT:

The stuttering/pause problem applies to FSX:SE as well.

Tom

Tom,

From personal experience, I too thought to lowering the frames, but my frames never got to 30 or 33 or even 45 and I still had stutters.  Setting your frames to unlimited achieved much higher frames (weird huh?).  Anywho, set your frames to unlimited, do NOT set a framerate in nVidia Inspector, if you use it (if not, you should anyways).  The trick I found to reduce the stutters is to change your graphics driver to something older.  Driver version 353.30 works the best for me.  It didn't get rid of the stutters, but it did reduce the stuttering to a point where it wasn't annoying.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I deinstalled P3D and FSX:SE and went back to FSX Boxed Edition.

Now everything runs smooth...too bad that i would like to play P3D :P

What are P3D and FSX Steam doing different that they produce thist stuttering?