Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

Software to shorten long haul flights?

I'm looking for a software to shorten long-haul (medium-haul) flights... I've read somewhere that there was a software that could shorten the cruise flight to a fraction of the real time... I don't have time to stay for 3-4 hours in front of the simulator...

Thanks

I'm looking for a software to shorten long-haul (medium-haul) flights... I've read somewhere that there was a software that could shorten the cruise flight to a fraction of the real time... I don't have time to stay for 3-4 hours in front of the simulator...

Before you get external programs that have the possibility of messing the aircraft up (the flight, anyway), please read the intro manual, which discusses our time compression feature.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks

Is this something that is better than the default sim rate, which in its self is a bit goofey?

Although if these new programs mess with the inner workings of the pmdg forget it. I will just do short flights.

Thanks

If you only have a couple of hours spare why attempt a long haul flight at all? If the built in time compression is still not a solution then try this:

Take off, climb to cruise. Select pause at top of descent and auto time compression. Now leave FSX running while you go and do other things. When you have some more simming time available your aircraft will be waiting for you paused at top of descent ready to complete the flight.

"Quantum Leap" might work for you as it instantly bypasses the cruise segment but it doesn't change the fuel load so you must manually reduce fuel to an appropriate level. Also you need to manage the FMS route so the next waypoint is correct or the sim will try and turn back to the missed waypoints.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Or do as I have been doing lately which is plan the flight, preflight, FMC, GSX, taxi to active, takeoff and once in the cruise, save the panel state. Then I save the flight in FSX and close down. I then continue the flight later, or on another day when time permits. Loading it all back up is a breeze and you lose nothing.  

This way I never waste all of the effort put into a detailed PMDG flight.

Hope that helps you.

Paul Dulson

once in the cruise, save the panel state. Then I save the flight in FSX and close down.

Tip:  Everytime you save a PMDG flight the panel state is also saved, I just saved you a step.

Dan Downs KCRP