Sign in to follow this  
tomtom361

Paypal account creation required to purchase product

Hi!

I wanted to purchase PrecipitFX and was ready to checkout. However, the "payment with credit card processed by PayPal" would not at all let me complete the purchase without creating an account with PayPal, provide to them name, street adress, phone number and agree to PayPal's terms and conditions.

Apparently this is a setting applied to customers in Germany, however it is not possible to bypass this via seleting anyother country.

(I had the same issue with Flightradar24's website.)

I would think that a payment with a credit card, completed and confirmed with the credit card company will do the job - as it does on each and every other online store as well.

For some good reasons I terminated my PayPal account I used to have before and I will definitely not create another one to just to purchase a minor item worth USD 15,00.

Too bad. The product looks nice. But I do not see why I would need to provide even more personal details to the clearing institution than I would need to provide to the vendor.

Don't understand why vendors let the payment company impose this hassle to their customers.

Anyway:

Unless there is no other chance to pay - Sorry, no business with me.

Regards,

Tom

Hi!

I wanted to purchase PrecipitFX and was ready to checkout. However, the "payment with credit card processed by PayPal" would not at all let me complete the purchase without creating an account with PayPal, provide to them name, street adress, phone number and agree to PayPal's terms and conditions.

Apparently this is a setting applied to customers in Germany, however it is not possible to bypass this via seleting anyother country.

(I had the same issue with Flightradar24's website.)

I would think that a payment with a credit card, completed and confirmed with the credit card company will do the job - as it does on each and every other online store as well.

For some good reasons I terminated my PayPal account I used to have before and I will definitely not create another one to just to purchase a minor item worth USD 15,00.

Too bad. The product looks nice. But I do not see why I would need to provide even more personal details to the clearing institution than I would need to provide to the vendor.

Don't understand why vendors let the payment company impose this hassle to their customers.

Anyway:

Unless there is no other chance to pay - Sorry, no business with me.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues buying PrecipitFX on our website. We are having a bad experience with PayPal as well and we are looking at a few alternative for our website.

Meanwhile, you can order the product through simMarket with other Payment options. (http://secure.simmarket.com/oldprop-solutions-precipitfx.phtml)

I hope that answers the questions for you my friend!

Thank you!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Dear Keven,

well - this is surely what can be called a quick respone. :smile:

Thanks a lot for the (ultra-fast) information. Good to hear that there's another option.

I will go with Simmarket then.

Thanks again and Happy Landings

Tom

P.S: Might be a good idea to have that information somewhere on the website as well......

and i wanted tp biu CHACEPLANE but only whit credit cards ?????

so i can't buy it ..thats gonna costs custumers, for i have paypal for years now and had no problem what so ever .

but it means that i can't buy it so what know ,, purchaging ezdok2

not long agoo i puchaged hiere 737 immenge or somehing like this and payd it whit paypal so the problem is not long ago. but anyway... i giong to buy ezdok