Sign in to follow this  
safir365

Display smoothness

Hi, I already asked this question in another section but got no asnwer.

Is there a way to improve the EFIS smoothness like a real aircraft/sim. I use multiple monitors for the PFD and ND, and i find the NGX gauges to be laggy. The ones on the PMDG 747 were smoother. I know NGX is more complex but can you do something about it? Or at least allow the use for simavionics displays?

Thanks.​

I think I read somewhere that the framerate limit for lcd displays in fsx are 18 fps. Anything above that just renders and produces the same image twice, not improving the "fluidness" of the actual displayed stuff on the PFD for instance.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've had my fps limit for the PFD, ND and EICAS in both the NGX and 777 set to 30 and haven't noticed any difference to what it is set as standard...

So then why not allowing the use for external display softwares such as prosim, project magenta or sim avionics. The smoothness is just awesome.

You can go into the PMDG options and change the display refresh rate, but i have found that even with it maxed out you will not get displays as smooth as in real life. I think they are pretty smooth in the sim however, but if you want to nitpick, i guess it could always be smoother

I think I read somewhere that the framerate limit for lcd displays in fsx are 18 fps. Anything above that just renders and produces the same image twice, not improving the "fluidness" of the actual displayed stuff on the PFD for instance.

Maybe I'm wrong

Yes you are wrong.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

To be honest, the displays in PMDG aircraft are smooth enough. Keep in mind that this is a desktop sim, which relies of the resources of the computer you have at home and not a level-d sim or the real thing. 

No there are not enough sorry. Look at this : 

This is a desktop software that allows you to use the displays on other computers on the network. You can also use it on the same computer running FSX. I tried it myself and was amazed. Problem is it only displays primary flight data as NGX doesn't allow broadcasting.  ​For example changing the efis settings on the ngx won't show up in the display. What I suggest is either PMDG tries to make connection betwen sim avionics displays and the NGX, or that they make a tool or something to put gauges outside FS.

The NGX PFD smoothness is 10X better then the Aerosoft Airbus, I can barely fly the Bus on IMC because the guages are so "up and down" all the time. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

No there are not enough sorry. Look at this : 

Think of what you are rendering here compared to FSX/P3D. You are not rendering clouds/scenery/airports that subtract from the fps and bog down the sim.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

So many complaints.... for such a well-priced software package (PMDG)

Go fly the default FSX B737-800 or FS2004 B777-300 and let compare numbers.

What I suggest is either PMDG tries to make connection betwen sim avionics displays and the NGX, or that they make a tool or something to put gauges outside FS.

We announced that we are doing this several months ago.

Kyle Rodgers

We announced that we are doing this several months ago.

Can you please give me a link to the topic?