Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

2 payware Cairo airports, which one is best?

There are 2 Cairo HECA airport sceneries. (after years of none!) Both look nice, but one has the city as well as the airport modeled. Which one is best? ARMI Project or SDG? SDG has Cairo X city so that is a plus. But the screenshots it looks like ARMI has a little better modeling. I cannot decide, anyone have an answer which one to get?

No one? I like both developers they have fast support and are helpful, a small leg up to SDG because it covers more of the city. I cannot find any reviews or videos/pictures beyond what the developers have released. Is Avsim not doing reviews much anymore?

The SDG version is horrible- its like it isn't optimized at all and the ground is covered in the worst photo scenery you've ever seen. So, you get about 10 less FPS than you'd normally get and it looks awful. Also, they have a really weird activation process where you need to re-authorize your license sometimes with only a limited number of re-authorizations available. I wish I'd known about the ARMI project version as it looks a lot better.

If u cannot find anything about those products then better skip it.

Disagree! We need to support smaller developers so they release more airports, and HECA is a very interesting airport with a lot of nice routes. If I could afford it, I'd buy both just to support them

The SDG version is horrible- its like it isn't optimized at all and the ground is covered in the worst photo scenery you've ever seen. So, you get about 10 less FPS than you'd normally get and it looks awful. Also, they have a really weird activation process where you need to re-authorize your license sometimes with only a limited number of re-authorizations available. I wish I'd known about the ARMI project version as it looks a lot better.

Do you have the latest version? In the forums they say they have released updates and plan another to help with framerates. The Armi project just came out very recently. But it has no approach buildings or the city modeled.

Do you have the latest version? In the forums they say they have released updates and plan another to help with framerates. The Armi project just came out very recently. But it has no approach buildings or the city modeled.

Yeah, I have the latest version. I really hope that they release that update for FPS soon. I just ran it for the first time in P3D, and it was worse than I remembered it in FSX. I actually get lower FPS at SDGs HECA than I get in New York (approx. 15, and I can run Aerosofts Amsterdam in the low-mid 20s). I completely agree with what you said about supporting smaller developers- hopefully my financial support of them will go towards them learning new techniques and releasing more optimized airports in the future. 

Here's a recent video of ARMI 

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Here's a recent video of ARMI 

Thanks. It doesn't look bad at all, and FPS seem ok too. I'd pick it up if I didn't just blow 160 bucks on the PMDG T7!

I went with the ARMI HECA. I have good experiences with ARMI VTBS. 

First impressions: I do not like the surrounding photo scenery so I will try and find out how to remove it and just keep the FTX Global which I think is fine, and I could not tune ILS 05R on approach. But FPS impact is just like default, textures are very high quality, and airport night lighting is great. Here are 2 screenshots

WFgjcf4.jpg

jBEYBrV.jpg

I plan to buy the SDG next month and compare. I want to support both developers so they keep releasing new airports!

SDG Cairo International

12119123_1445587402124714_75300379223082

12096614_1445587408791380_36093001597048

12091386_769128543213405_56147229209828312122857_1445587418791379_89433994852489

CORE I5 RAM8 NVD GT760M

SDG now has a version 2 of HECA Cairo. Do you have it? I'm interested even though I have the Armi scenery HECA, it does not do any of the city and on approach except the photoscenery I am not a fan of, I'd like the city scenery like the football stadium so I may buy the SDG v2 HECA sometime.