Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

New ArezOne soundset for Navajo

Simmarket has it.  Not sure if it'd be an improvement or not but I thought I'd mention it...

http://secure.simmarket.com/arezone-piper-pa31-310-navajo-hq-soundset-fsx-p3d.phtml

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Had a look there,   don't have the Navajo but sure does sound good.  Would be good to hear some feedback 

Hmmm I was hoping he'd make a set for the Alabeo Saratoga TC.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Dave, thanks for the link.  I did not know this guy. Three days ago I purchased his Saratoga sounds.  But on My Account page on his site the text that is supposed to be the download link is just text and not a link.  I mailed twice asking to receive a working download link but received no answer so far.  Have you experienced the same when you purchased from him?

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Still no reply.  I just sent a third request for a working link (tried with IE10, Safari and Firefox).  What is supposed to be a link is just text. And this not working link will expire on monday. Funny! Luckily I paid through Paypal, and to-morrow I shall submit a refund request.

Will not purchase anything else from that gentleman.

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Skysong is Aaron Swindle I think... been doing sounds for FS since the beginning.

Weird about the site though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've ordered one Skysong soundset (for the Seneca) and had no trouble with it nor with the ordering process.  Ended up replacing it with an Aerozone set when that came out, however, and preferred the Aerozone.

I expect your issue will get worked out Jean-Jacques.  It's sometimes easy to forget that companies like Skysong are often one-man ops so support isn't always as immediate as we might like.  Skysong has been around for some time so I'm sure there's no scam involved here.

Scott

Dave, thanks for the link. I did not know this guy. Three days ago I purchased his Saratoga sounds. But on My Account page on his site the text that is supposed to be the download link is just text and not a link. I mailed twice asking to receive a working download link but received no answer so far. Have you experienced the same when you purchased from him?

Jean-Jacques

All you need to do is highlight the text, select 'copy' and then open a new browser window and 'paste' in the URL window,hit Enter, and your download will commence.

I agree it should have been an active link, but its a very easy to resolve.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Interesting tip JYW, I must remember it! Thanks a lot.  I could not test it because in between I received an e-mail from Aaron Swindle saying that he discovered that his file manager had dropped the file for an unknown reason. All is well now as I finally was able to download my purchase.

Have a nice week-end,

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Interesting tip JYW, I must remember it! Thanks a lot.  I could not test it because in between I received an e-mail from Aaron Swindle saying that he discovered that his file manager had dropped the file for an unknown reason. All is well now as I finally was able to download my purchase.

Have a nice week-end,

Jean-Jacques

No problem at all ;  I hope you get the problem resolved soon. :)

Bill

I wish I had paid more attention to tttocs's post before ordering the Skysong soundset.  The Skysong soundset is pretty bad! I sent him an email requesting a refund.  The sounds are muffled at high rpms and there is a very annoying ticking sound that just keeps looping.  I did in the end up getting the Aerozone soundset and I must say I am quite pleased with it.  I'm just curious to know if anyone is pleased with the Skysongs version.

I wish I had paid more attention to tttocs's post before ordering the Skysong soundset.  The Skysong soundset is pretty bad! I sent him an email requesting a refund.  The sounds are muffled at high rpms and there is a very annoying ticking sound that just keeps looping.  I did in the end up getting the Aerozone soundset and I must say I am quite pleased with it.  I'm just curious to know if anyone is pleased with the Skysongs version.

Just curious if users of the Navajo have an opinion of the sound. I think the default Caranado sounds are are very similar to those of a actual Navajo in a video posted in this forum earlier. I bought the Arezone replacement for the Carenado Seneca V and the Milviz B55, and I think these are not only very good but a definite improvement over the default product sound sets, so before  I purchased the Navajo I was planning to get the Arezone replacement. But the default Carenado sounds good to me. Perhaps the only criticism in my mind might be that when you start letting off the throttle, too much reduction is required before the sounds decrease? Anyway, I would like to buy the Arezone, but would like to hear more opinions on the quality of the default soundset before I do.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Just curious if users of the Navajo have an opinion of the sound. I think the default Caranado sounds are are very similar to those of a actual Navajo in a video posted in this forum earlier. I bought the Arezone replacement for the Carenado Seneca V and the Milviz B55, and I think these are not only very good but a definite improvement over the default product sound sets, so before  I purchased the Navajo I was planning to get the Arezone replacement. But the default Carenado sounds good to me. Perhaps the only criticism in my mind might be that when you start letting off the throttle, too much reduction is required before the sounds decrease? Anyway, I would like to buy the Arezone, but would like to hear more opinions on the quality of the default soundset before I do.

I honestly think the Carenado Navajo's stock sounds are the best that Carenado/Alabeo have ever provided.  Every aspect of them sounds right and accurate to me.  Unlike most other piston aircraft (including most other Carenado offerings), the sounds of the props being pulled back, versus the engine manifold pressure sounds absolutely spot on.

I've listened to samples of the addon packs available for the aircraft, and for me, personally, none are as good as the set that ships with the add-on.

Bill

I honestly think the Carenado Navajo's stock sounds are the best that Carenado/Alabeo have ever provided.  Every aspect of them sounds right and accurate to me.  Unlike most other piston aircraft (including most other Carenado offerings), the sounds of the props being pulled back, versus the engine manifold pressure sounds absolutely spot on.

I've listened to samples of the addon packs available for the aircraft, and for me, personally, none are as good as the set that ships with the add-on.

Thanks for  your comment JYW

Yesterday I decided to go ahead and  buy the Arezone soundset, I had been so happy with their B55 and Seneca V replacement products. I installed it and tried it. After one flight I uninstalled and re-installed the Carenado default Navajo sounds. The Arezone soundset had no improvement in any of the sounds that I could detect, and moreover there was an annoying loud background buzzing that was constant. I suppose this was supposed to be the gyro spinning.

I agree with you and others - this Carenado sound set is excellent. And aircraft itself is great - it has become my favourite twin piston a/c. I really like the period avionics and a/p.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049