Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

No High-End/Study Military Fighters?

Wish I could get a VRS Super-Bug equivalent. Anyone have any inputs while the .org has a sale?

I wouldn't count on having study-level fighters in X-Plane. They're military hardware, and the military are not going to release details about avionics and weapon systems. The best we'll get is the airframe, fuel capacity and aerodynamic performance. Even the latter information will be withheld to limited extent.

I wouldn't count on having study-level fighters in X-Plane. They're military hardware, and the military are not going to release details about avionics and weapon systems. The best we'll get is the airframe, fuel capacity and aerodynamic performance. Even the latter information will be withheld to limited extent.

Well you are right and wrong ;) We don't have any study level airframes in x-plane atm the way fsx has, however it is possible to get plenty information of older military aircraft. Look at the F-18 A/E for instance and tell me its not realistic ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think one of the major blocks to getting better models of modern jet fighters, is that X-Plane doesn't model supersonic flight very well at all. 

Now, if Austin would just buy some ex-military hardware for his private flying, we might get somewhere...   :wink:

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

you should just invest some money into DCS and some of their awesome planes.

Im not a military kind of plane guy but maybe JCOM has a copy of dcs he can give you

Yeah I have DCS and a full fleet of addons in my library, but I would prefer my local airspace.

A developer called Collimata is making an F18 but it doesn't look like it'll be anywhere near VRS level of detail. You can see it at the Org.

Another guy called Tonka was making a Jaguar (ironically) which looked really promising but he's had to put that on hold while studying I think.

The guy who does World Traffic has a Starfighter which he's polishing for a 64bit release but he has expressed some dissatisfaction with how XP does supersonic in the past.

There's an L39 which is pretty good available at the Org.

Not many options in XP for detailed fast-jets I'm afraid.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

As a developer with a passion for mil jets, get DCS.

X-Plane is missing a lot of fundamental things that make having a fighter interesting.

Like, you know, the entire suite of useful combat facilities.

Building an in-depth mil product for X-Plane requires building all that extra stuff as well.

With civilian stuff we already have a plausible framework to build on.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.