Sign in to follow this  
RockOla

Royal Duke "from sun to storm" (massive 4k screens)

First I would like to thank you all for your kind comments

I will post a link to the spreadsheet soon. Basically you type your route (or copy paste it from Simroutes), and the weather information (not mandatory).

The spreadsheet then computes, for each mile, your fuel consumption. You get the clean navlog which sums up these detailed calculation for each point of your route. Stay tuned.

I do not fly the Q400 but as far as I know it has good STOL performance. Knowing KGFL has a 5000ft and a 4000ft runway, it should be more than enough.

Thank you for your repaint. I was looking for a template to create an vintage livery with this pic in mind :

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/0/4/1843408.jpg

But I found your repaint which really suits the Royal. Thanks alot you saved me 4 nights of work.

Hey Rock,

I also did a conversion for N2060V which is like the one in your photo.  It's on the library too.

Z02hy.jpg

Cheers

TJ

Thanks TJ, I spotted this repaint and will sure plan a flight with it soon  :wub:

About the T-Duke fuel planning spreadsheet

Here it is (897 ko)

How to :

- download and upload to your Google Docs

- Sheet "1- FLIGHTPLAN" fill in you FP (you can copy paste from Simroutes, I use the same columns). Wind information is not mandatory, if empty it assumes 0/0

- Sheet "2- FLIGHT DATA" check the informations, choose the CRZ level, the fuel units and the various reserves

- Sheet "3- NAVIGATION LOG" : speaks for itself. You get your flight main informations, arr/dep METAR sparsed realtime from http://weather.noaa.gov, fuel planning, FOB and altitude chart, and a point by point nav log

Please keep in mind this is only a spreadsheet. The good news is that you can display it on your mobiles devices : smartphone, tablet, laptop etc

Please give your feedback in the dedicated thread.

Oh man, this post just goes to show on low core of a simmer I am.  I do a lot of things properly, navigation etc.... but pre-planning is pretty much non existent.  I just gestimate my fuel and load and go.

great pics too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

With 3 children at home, I do not have much time to fly, so I have to be efficient. This Fuel planning spreadsheet does not qualify me as a hardcore simmer, but as an anxious Dad just trying to optimize his time  :wink:

That has to be one of the top five shot sets I have ever seen on this forum - and I've been coming here for many years.  Super.

This comment really encourages me to share my flights here  :smile:

The next flight is already planned  :wink:

Great post!! Thank You for all the info.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I'd like to get the weather radar into the regular Duke v2 but using the realityxp 530's

Can anyone help get the gauge line correct for replacing the 2nd 530 with this freeware weather radar gauge? Thank you

In order to help you, could you please copy paste the relevant lines in your panel.cfg ? 4-5 lines around the 2nd RXP screen.