Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

So how is the new Carenado CT182T with G1000 now that is released?

Spent my money on my A350!

Just finished my first successful flight.  Boy - What a difference in the Airbus and the Boeings!

John

John Wingold

I get that... I also spent in the A330 in the sale... don't know if I could stand the temptation for more than 3 days.

Alexander Colka

I picked up the C182t this morning and took a quick flight with it. I didn't have much time to spend with it, as I have to run to work today.  

However, it is pretty much another Carenado Cessna. Flys well, looks great. Nothing to write home about.  The real difference with this plane is the G1000. I really have to read up on it before I say if its accurate or not. I used the cirrus version (prespective) and I'm not an authority on that one either. 

It seems to work well, I was able to enter a plan and follow it, but thats all I have time for today, Ill spend more time with it tonight. I looks pretty awesome in the cockpit and I'm looking forward to really learning how to use it. FPS with it are fantastic for me. no better or worse than any other carenado Cessna. I was worried it would be a lot worse, but it is not. At least for me.

Not sure yet if its a must have add-on at this point but it is nice to have a g1000 for X-plane and for that alone, ill support it. Bring on the Cirrus!!

Here are a few shots.

Rob

1_zpsom6pr6cd.jpg

7_zpsunxufldi.jpg

2_zpsoqmdxjmq.jpg

3_zpsov8g7q3y.jpg

4_zpsaqmd2jsj.jpg

5_zpsn4ghd4sc.jpg

6_zpskhjyb3ta.jpg

8_zpsyt4o4pwa.jpg

Cool shots.  I noticed there's a database you must install prior to use.  Does this mean the DB is NOT updatable via navigraph like I would for XP10 data or GNS530?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Rob, there is another guy out on the Internet with this moniker: "Screen Shot Artist." He takes amazing FS screen shots, but that name could easily apply to you. I have been admiring yours for the last few years. They are truly inspiring. Thanks for your contribution to all of us!

Regards,

Tom

Rob, there is another guy out on the Internet with this moniker: "Screen Shot Artist." He takes amazing FS screen shots, but that name could easily apply to you. I have been admiring yours for the last few years. They are truly inspiring. Thanks for your contribution to all of us!

Regards,

Tom

Thanks, 

I think thats someone else.

As for the database, after download, you copy it into the root directory of X-plane. I dont know if they will update it from time to time. Good question though.

Rob

Can you create/modify/delete waypoints and plans on the go?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@Rob

I was not saying that you were the guy using the name "Screenshot Artist," but that,IMHO, your talent is the equal of his.

Tom

Didn't know it was out. Time to wait for it to hit the .org

Not getting good reviews at this time, but sure there will be a update patch.

Didn't know it was out. Time to wait for it to hit the .org

Not getting good reviews at this time, but sure there will be a update patch.

Where? at the org?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ok, I got to spend a little more time with it and I have some concerns.

The engine page, appears to be inoperative, at least it is for me.

The  procedures button also appear to be inoperative.

The menu button does not work either.

I'm not seeing any airways displayed. I tried the different modes ("HI" "LO")

Aircraft takes  a long time to load. I can live with that one, just mentioning it.

On the plus side, it looks great. 

its easy on the Frame rate.

Back to the PC-12 and Saab 340 (my current favs)

Rob

The  procedures button also appear to be inoperative.

Oh gosh?!?  That's a showstopper.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I applaud the effort, but for me to purchase there needs to be at least as much functionality as the built in 530.  Hoping they fix the reported inop items!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.