Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

So how is the new Carenado CT182T with G1000 now that is released?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Spent my money on my A350!

Just finished my first successful flight.  Boy - What a difference in the Airbus and the Boeings!

John

I get that... I also spent in the A330 in the sale... don't know if I could stand the temptation for more than 3 days.

I picked up the C182t this morning and took a quick flight with it. I didn't have much time to spend with it, as I have to run to work today.  

However, it is pretty much another Carenado Cessna. Flys well, looks great. Nothing to write home about.  The real difference with this plane is the G1000. I really have to read up on it before I say if its accurate or not. I used the cirrus version (prespective) and I'm not an authority on that one either. 

It seems to work well, I was able to enter a plan and follow it, but thats all I have time for today, Ill spend more time with it tonight. I looks pretty awesome in the cockpit and I'm looking forward to really learning how to use it. FPS with it are fantastic for me. no better or worse than any other carenado Cessna. I was worried it would be a lot worse, but it is not. At least for me.

Not sure yet if its a must have add-on at this point but it is nice to have a g1000 for X-plane and for that alone, ill support it. Bring on the Cirrus!!

Here are a few shots.

Rob

1_zpsom6pr6cd.jpg

7_zpsunxufldi.jpg

2_zpsoqmdxjmq.jpg

3_zpsov8g7q3y.jpg

4_zpsaqmd2jsj.jpg

5_zpsn4ghd4sc.jpg

6_zpskhjyb3ta.jpg

8_zpsyt4o4pwa.jpg

Cool shots.  I noticed there's a database you must install prior to use.  Does this mean the DB is NOT updatable via navigraph like I would for XP10 data or GNS530?

Rob, there is another guy out on the Internet with this moniker: "Screen Shot Artist." He takes amazing FS screen shots, but that name could easily apply to you. I have been admiring yours for the last few years. They are truly inspiring. Thanks for your contribution to all of us!

Regards,

Tom

Rob, there is another guy out on the Internet with this moniker: "Screen Shot Artist." He takes amazing FS screen shots, but that name could easily apply to you. I have been admiring yours for the last few years. They are truly inspiring. Thanks for your contribution to all of us!

Regards,

Tom

Thanks, 

I think thats someone else.

As for the database, after download, you copy it into the root directory of X-plane. I dont know if they will update it from time to time. Good question though.

Rob

@Rob

I was not saying that you were the guy using the name "Screenshot Artist," but that,IMHO, your talent is the equal of his.

Tom

Didn't know it was out. Time to wait for it to hit the .org

Not getting good reviews at this time, but sure there will be a update patch.

Didn't know it was out. Time to wait for it to hit the .org

Not getting good reviews at this time, but sure there will be a update patch.

Where? at the org?

Ok, I got to spend a little more time with it and I have some concerns.

The engine page, appears to be inoperative, at least it is for me.

The  procedures button also appear to be inoperative.

The menu button does not work either.

I'm not seeing any airways displayed. I tried the different modes ("HI" "LO")

Aircraft takes  a long time to load. I can live with that one, just mentioning it.

On the plus side, it looks great. 

its easy on the Frame rate.

Back to the PC-12 and Saab 340 (my current favs)

Rob

The  procedures button also appear to be inoperative.

Oh gosh?!?  That's a showstopper.

I applaud the effort, but for me to purchase there needs to be at least as much functionality as the built in 530.  Hoping they fix the reported inop items!

I understand the expectation that there needs to be at least as much functionality as in the built-in 530, but the reality is, that the GNS530 is a closed system, to which Laminar has not created any "handles" or any ability to alter what's already there.  At BEST, you may be able to draw some layers over top of the existing GNS530 to approximate the functionality you're looking for.

The G1000 represents a complete re-authoring from the ground up.  This is how it often is, when you want to enhance something.  An easy-to-understand example would be the sound engine.  X-Plane offers a "default sound architecture", which has a certain limited set of capabilities, but you do not, as an author, have any control over the fade-out distance of sounds, or their stereo placement.  If you want to gain any control over those features, you have to create an entire sound architecture from scratch, which also means, you'll have to replicate everything X-Plane already does, using your own code: doppler effects, pitch in relationship to engine RPM, sound intensity with distance, etc... before you can even start THINKING about altering such parameters... only once you have your own architecture, you can start building on that to generate the effects you're actually looking for.

Same thing with the G1000.  In order to gain any sort of control over and above what's provided by the GNS530, one has to re-author EVERYTHING from the ground up... but this also gives the flexibility to add or alter features, as time goes on.  It has been an extremely long journey for Carenado to get to this point, and it is to be expected that there are still some things to iron out... particularly also because this is the first product released by Carenado that uses DRM. 

In fact, there are a lot of "firsts" coming together in this aircraft, and we are expecting some "teething" issues as a result.  We appreciate your patience and understanding, and hope we can get all the kinks worked out within the next few days or weeks.

Ok thanks for the insight Dan.  Is the intention to have the PROC button working and the ability to create/modify/delete waypoints?  Is the intent to have an updatable navdatabase?

The Nav database will be updated by Carenado.  It's based on X-plane's .dat files.  Waypoints should be editable already.  PROC button?  We're looking into  that. 

I understand the expectation that there needs to be at least as much functionality as in the built-in 530 (snipped)

Thanks for the response Dan.  It's interesting to hear the details about some of the challenges that you're facing.  If it was easy, it would be done by everyone.

Thanks for the info Dan. I'm sure its a big undertaking.  Looking forward to the update!

Rob 

Thanks to all for that info, still I'm very tempted to buy this product and see for my self all of this, I have a soft spot on Carenado aircraft.

I will purchase once most of the initial bugs are worked out.  Hope the SR22 also gets done!

Since it rained here today, I spent a little more time with the 182 and the G1000. I took a few flights from my home town airport (KFRG) to Conn and eastern Long Island.  aside from the above mentioned bugs, The basics of it worked pretty good. I was able to enter a direct to plan and have the autopilot fly it. Nothing the default GPS couldn't do, but it worked and worked nicely.  

The plane also flies very nice, did a few touch n go's with a few real greasers. No problems there. Frame rates are also very good. sounds are awesome. 

At this point, I can't say, run out and get it, until some of the issues are fixed, but once its patched, it will be a must have aircraft, The G1000 is a blast.

Rob

1_zpsy7qyevxs.jpg

2_zpsfxwrpbzr.jpg

Since it rained here today, I spent a little more time with the 182 and the G1000. I took a few flights from my home town airport (KFRG) to Conn and eastern Long Island.  aside from the above mentioned bugs, The basics of it worked pretty good. I was able to enter a direct to plan and have the autopilot fly it. Nothing the default GPS couldn't do, but it worked and worked nicely.  

The plane also flies very nice, did a few touch n go's with a few real greasers. No problems there. Frame rates are also very good. sounds are awesome. 

At this point, I can't say, run out and get it, until some of the issues are fixed, but once its patched, it will be a must have aircraft, The G1000 is a blast.

Rob

1_zpsy7qyevxs.jpg

2_zpsfxwrpbzr.jpg

These shots alone would make me want to go out and get X-Plane...great stuff.

-Jim