Sign in to follow this  
koala63

Some questions moren

Hi guys,

I have 3 problems remmaining on this beautiful plane.I will try to describe them simply dand quickly  :wink:

1- I don't find the button to make the trottles to GA mode...

2- What parameters in fsx or mjc8 control panel i have to change for my joystick ? during take off the plane is going to the left, i read it's normal but i don't know wich settings change

3- Sometimes, the plane is capturing my glidescope to hard and take a dangerous angle to catch it, what im missing here ? 

Finaly... i love this plane, hear his engines during T/O flight and landing is very enjoyful, and more like that the systems are very completed, one of the most better add-on in fsx for sure  :smile:

I don't feel qualified to answer questions 1 and 3, but I can help with #2. The Dash 8 Q400 tends to go left when it reaches high speeds on the ground. You just need a lot of counter rudder to stop it from happening.

1. It is on the left end of the throttle handle.

2. Between 3 and 8 ticks to the right seems good (depending on weather)

3. Make use of vnav or some healthy vertical descent calcs to get you at the IAF low and slow enough.

B.

WW1294.png

Ok thanks  :smile:

Step 1 and 2 is Ok now, for step 3 i have some trouble to manage my speed on final approach, need more practice.

Look very carefully at the manual and the sample flight guide. The Q400 handles unlike other turboprop aircraft, the pitch change you describe does not happen if you are below the flap limitation speeds, have correctly configured for landing (Flaps 5-10 for all approach, 15 is normal for short final and landing). Flaps 15 normally selected at around 130 knots.

Follow the tutorials, and you will find what you are doing wrong - probably speed. You know you've got it right when you've no need to retard PL's to Flight Idle until t/d but haven't missed a speed marker throughout.

And to add to bbilly said about rudder trim, this will need constant adjustment according to both power lever and CL setting. When you have 5,000 shp a side you can expect some extreme trim effects and it is a feature of the aircraft. Trim, trim, trim !!