Sign in to follow this  
Zach Lang

Questions about MegaScenery 2.0

I am currently thinking about purchasing photographic scenery for the state of Georgia from MegaScenery 2.0. I do have a couple of questions before I make the purchase for sure. First, I do notice that much of the buildings will be flat. Will the buildings within airport boundaries (Eg. Hangars, terminals, FBOs etc) be flat too, or will they be 3D as I am hoping? Second, I already have multiple airports within my state that I have already edited through the use of Airport Design Editor and Instant Object Studio. Will the addition of MegaScenery 2.0 be compatible with my edits or will it likely change them? I am hoping since I've used exclusion polygons on ADE that this will not be a problem. If anybody who's used MegaScenery 2.0 especially along with ADE and/or IOS can clear any of my concerns up that would be fantastic. Thanks!

Everything from megascenery is flat. That is the definition of photoscenery, just a picture laid flat. Now if there is ALSO 3d buildings on top of it yerps, you will have them,,otherwise flatland..

I use Megascenery 2.0 scenery in combination with other scenery, be they freeware or payware. In Georgia I have Megascenery 2.0 Georgia and Mega Ultra Scenery Atlanta. I also have Imagine Sims KATL and a freeware KRYY, Cobb County. In your FS scenery library just make sure the airport scenery areas are positioned above the Megascenery.

With this combination when flying over Atlanta at say 2,000 AGL I have a nice rendering of Atlanta buildings and roads, etc. When I approach either of the two airport scenery areas I find them to be more than acceptable.

I have never landed on I-75 in downtown Atlanta, so I cannot report to you if those beautiful buildings I see at altitude are as beautiful after an illegal landing.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you fppilot. One last question regarding your response, how do you position airports above the scenery in FS scenery library?

Also my home field in Covington Municipal KCVC East of Atlanta, sure you heard of it if you've flown around the Atlanta vicinity.

Thank you fppilot. One last question regarding your response, how do you position airports above the scenery in FS scenery library?

From the FSX start screen (free flight) you go to Settings, Scenery Library, and in the list that you see move the Georgia airports until they are above the Georgia area sceneries in the list.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Also my home field in Covington Municipal KCVC East of Atlanta, sure you heard of it if you've flown around the Atlanta vicinity.

Very familiar with the Atlanta area from a feet-on-the-ground perspective as I frequented an office in Alpharetta, visited a business associate in Lawrenceburg multiple times, have relatives in Gwinett and Cobb Counties, and have been to multiple auto races at both Atlanta Intl Speedway, as well as Road Atlanta. The two previous generations of males on the paternal side of my family are Clemson Tigers (I am an Indiana Hoosier). But have not flown FS into KCVC. Will have to check it out sometime.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Help Using the AVSIM Forums" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.