Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

PC-12 Panel Night Lighting

I love the Carenado PC-12, but hate the panels night lighting. It was distractingly bright IMO.

I am trying to adjust it to get it to be a little easier on the eyes and more realistic. I haven't found pics of what the real panel looks like at night, but my guess is its more subdued that what was provided.

Anyway, I'm still tweaking it, but this is what I have so far.

Original

1_zps3n9nyfdp.png

Modified

2_zpssy8cxdnm.png

Also, does anyone know how where the panel get the registration number from? Im trying my hand at repainting the plane and would like to have the panel reflect th ecorrect registration number too. Ive looked everywhere, but cant figure out where its getting it from.

Rob

Here's a picture of a real one.  

760_cockpit.334171222_large.jpg

The panel gets its registration number from the livery folder's name.  If you create custom liveries, just rename the folder to what the registration number of the aircraft is, and the panel should reflect that.

Thanks dan,

That help a lot. I see I need to adjust my colors more like tge default, I'll just tone it down a bit for my taste.

Rob

Back to the drawing board.  Based on the above pic, I tried to get it as close as I could, but keep it easy on the eyes.

Rob

Car_PC12_6_zpswaxmvsri.png

Car_PC12_2_zpsavvqv87g.png

Car_PC12_9_zpsieqmjwkd.png

Can you just take the default and pull the highlights down? There seems to be a lot of white/bright in the default.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That looks pretty good then

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Looks good, cheers for sharing. I thought the PC12's night Lightning was a little over cooked, although not having been in one I really don't know how accurate it is.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea