Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Dx10 anti aliasing keeps resetting

Hi

For some reason when I select my setting eg 8x I start FSX and after the flight the select box is blank again. The only difference is I have a new Video card and its seems to have started around that time (GTX 780)

Any ideas what might be causing this? I haven't reinstalled yet , just wanted to see if there was an easy fix

Wonder if its one of these settings? Im a bit clueless Im afraid

dx10_zpsf8oo3ejj.png

ZORAN

Some details are missing here: where do you select "8x"? In the FSX menue, you can simply click it on or off, but you can not set the level. Do you use the DX10 Fixer? Are you talking about the setting in nVidia Inspector?

I strongly recommend reading the DX10 guide you will find online, there basically everything important is listed, also how you properly configure AA along with the correct settings in the Fixer (as long as you use it) and in the nVidia Inspector.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I meant to say Steves DX10 keeps reseting but I think I just found the problem . Nvidea inspector settings are all over the place after I installed the GPU and I think the problem is there for sure. I will go and tidy that up first and see how I go

ZORAN

No its still happening , when I exit FSX I take a look at Steves fixer and the antaliasing box goes blank (should be 8x in there) and my inspector setting look fine as Im using 8x in there as well

dx10%202_zpspsb8oae0.png

nvid%20dx10_zps6lofbbtf.png

ZORAN

Might be better off asking this specific quesition in the DX10 Fixer subforums. I am not using FSX:SE, might be related to the fact that the FSX.cfg is placed in a different location and might be that the FSX.cfg is write protected...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

LOL I thought i was in Steves forum. The fsx.cfg config is in the right location and this only started to happen recently but I will see what Steve says thanks anyway

ZORAN