Sign in to follow this  
1redbarron

Annoying Banner Each Time I Start FSX And Load A Saved Flight

FSX Gold Edition

I have started getting a green  'Airport Cache Loaded' banner showing for a few seconds each time I start FSX and load a saved flight.

Any ideas why this is happening anyone please.

Are you a GSX user?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

That's it then.

When you move to an airport you've not visited before (or it's been sometime), newly installed airport or AFCAD, you'll notice a message that says the cache is building and at the end Umberto (GSX) will tell you just how fast it created the cache.  If you've already been to the airport, you'll get the message you're on about.

GSX needs to load and know the taxiways and vehicle paths in order to properly work.

Maybe a little less annoying for you now?  LOL!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

See the FSDT forum on how to get it to stop. The solution has been posted a few times there in the GSX subforum.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

See the FSDT forum on how to get it to stop. The solution has been posted a few times there in the GSX subforum.

Jim,

Do you have a link?  I wasn't aware this was a problem per se, but that the previous version would not skip large, non-relevant files when building the cache.  The latest release does skip the larger files (so it works much faster).  Some have had some other problems, but not related to the normal cache messages.

Anyway, even if there was an option to remove the message, I'm not sure I'd want to do so as it's best to know if the cache loaded correctly - especially when using new scenery.  Still, I'd love to see what you're talking about... always willing to learn something new.

Dave Hodges

Thanks both.

It's never been a problem up until recently. The banner shows no matter how many times I go to the airport/s after starting FSX.

I'll have a look on the FSDreamTeam web site later.

I may not have described this as well as I could.

The "Cache Loaded" is normal even when you've been the airport before. It's just indicating that GSX loaded the AFCAD successfully.  Go to a new airport or use a new AFCAD and you'll see a different message akin to "Loading Airport Cache XX%" (XX% will change as the airport AFCAD is being loaded) followed by the "Airport Cache Loaded".

Unless Jim has some addition info (I searched all the FSFDT forms and didn't see anything on removing  the normal message), the message you're referencing is normal part of GSX.

Hope this helps!

Afterthought:  I've seen these messages from GSX for several years, so they are not anything new.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

Redbarron, you'll get the message if you turn off and on sceneries in the library and start a flight.

Dave, I think I read you can get rid of the message using the verbosity slider in the GSX settings.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Redbarron, you'll get the message if you turn off and on sceneries in the library and start a flight.

Dave, I think I read you can get rid of the message using the verbosity slider in the GSX settings.

Jim

I don't recall turning anything off or on, but I'll check out the settings you mention. As I've said above I have never seen this banner message before in all the time I have been flying, so a far as I'm concerned it is not a normal function.

The reply I got from GSX support is that it is normal. However, there tone of reply makes allot to be said for their customer service.

I still await a reply as to why it has never shown before.

I get this every time I load my default flight

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

i  only  get it  if  I change  my ftx  regions  etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg