Sign in to follow this  
raymar

New update available for FSXSE - dated Sep 8, 2015

VAS management has improved even more according to a number of users. Pretty remarkable how they continue to improve on this platform. I gave it a quick test around KSEA and VAS is about 10-20% better than it already was. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I confirm a surprisingly better VAS here.
Need more testing, of course, however I noticed a higher VAS number since loading the FSX Startup for Complex Aircraft, which was confirmed later by good figures in a short flight around the CYYV area.
Looks like tehy did a nice job.

All addons work fine here, except for FSPassegers 2015, which I am not using at the moment, though.

Works fine here.

Do you have the F1 Update Tool installed?

No, I dont think Ive even heard about that one

ZORAN

No, I dont think Ive even heard about that one

OK, it looks like you have an outdated GTN version then.

Download the new GTN 750 (version 1.11) from the usual product site. The F1 Update Tool comes embedded since version 1.10 and can be managed separately from the main application.

Thanks for the tip heading over there now

ZORAN

Thanks for the tip heading over there now

For your and others' information:

Attention all FSX:Steam users

The F1 Update Tool was created specifically to make it easier to use the F1 GTN. When a new Steam version comes out, we update the necessary files behind the scenes.

All you have to do is run the F1 Update Tool and press the Download button.This will ensure that you can run the latest version without having to redownload and reinstall the F1 GTN.

The F1 Update Tool is distributed with the F1 GTN V1.11 and up.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/attention-all-fsxsteam-users_topic53484.html

Anyone found a changelog?

Tried the FSXSE forums on Steam, but they're, as usual, a PITA to read.

- Edit:

Failed to check the announcement.

The player-visible contents of this update are:

• Improvements for using modified Scenery.cfg files which could previously result in a 1007 error when installing new scenery add-ons. Please note due to the highly customisable nature of FSX: SE it is going to be impossible for us to attempt to deal with all forms of malformatting in the Scenery.cfg files. For this reason we have also provide an option to reset the Scenery.cfg file to the default version. 
  • Fixed font file loading not being VFS-aware. Font files associated with add-ons should now work as expected. 
  • Fixed multiplayer invites not working if you invite a friend to a Private game. 
  • Improved mouse cursor slow-down over complex cockpits.Although we have made some optimizations to this code, players may still experience some reduction in framerates when using highly complex cockpit models. This is because such models are pushing the boundaries of what is possible within the game engine. 
  • Improved optimisation of installing/uninstalling add-on content through the Steam platform.

So basically the same stuff as in the previous beta.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I only had to update FSUIPC, Object Flow and GTN using the tool and everything seemed to work fine.  Have not had a chance to actually test anything else.  I really wonder if the cursor bug is improved.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I can confirm version 62615 working fine for me.  Had to put the new version of FSUIPC in as you say, but it took seconds and everything is working great.

Not had any issues with any new FSX:SE versions though.  Really impressed with the changes and tweaks up to now!  

Never had an oom or whatever they are called, but longest I have had FSX active in one session is only about 4 hours.  Loaded lots of different aircraft in that time though.

My only issue is graphics related.  Corruption on my ATI card after some time in DX10 mode.   I have to run water settings without a second shader pass to fix it (no reflections).  

COME ON ATI - fix these drivers - they worked once!  I cannot go back to older drivers as I now have a new R9 380.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I'm new to steam fsx, can i know how can i update the version 62615 ? is it auto update when open fsx with steam ?

Thank you

Mine went from 62613 to 62615 automatically.  

I noticed the number on the FSX opening screen had changed a few days ago.   So I presume Steam automatically does it for you if you log in and are on line long enough.  

My PC automatically logs on to Steam at every start up, no matter whether I am playing a steam game or not, so that is probably why mine just happened in the background.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.