Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

British Airways 777 on fire at Las Vegas.

Very dramatic....uncontained engine failure on takeoff.....what annoys me is the sight of the people evacuated who managed to take all their hand luggage with them, down the emergency slides....seriously?

Very dramatic....uncontained engine failure on takeoff.....what annoys me is the sight of the people evacuated who managed to take all their hand luggage with them, down the emergency slides....seriously?

I would for sure try and grab my laptop. Macbook pros are very expensive.  :wink:

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Looking at a photo, engine one is absolutely shattered, reminds me of the damage to the QF A380....also a RR Trent engine...very lucky nobody was seriously hurt.

Audio here:

https://clyp.it/jrvdzhrw

This is comforting news seeing as I have booked early today to fly British Airways to Las Vegas next year  :good:

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

I guess this is that

I would for sure try and grab my laptop. Macbook pros are very expensive.  :wink:

This was the 1 in 7 million chance when it would have been handy to tick that ridiculously expensive insurance box that all the airlines try to sneak in

ZORAN

This is comforting news seeing as I have booked early today to fly British Airways to Las Vegas next year :good:

What are the odds of this happening once, let alone twice on the same airline on the same route? I bet you'll be fine!

To my knowledge, the 777 (any engine) has never suffered an uncontained engine failure. And that's with millions upon millions of hours of service.

Currently we are booked on a 777 this Saturday with my 7 month old daughter, which would be the only thing I would be taking with me down the slide if this sort of thing happened, anyone taking luggage with them, not cool

Matthew Kane

What are the odds of this happening once, let alone twice on the same airline on the same route? I bet you'll be fine!

My post was meant as tongue in cheek anyway  :smile: . Just the irony of making the booking and this happening the very same day!

Besides, my flights will be on a Boeing 747 so that should mean I'm extra safe  :Tounge:

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

So those selfish self centerd Passengers who took their carry on bags Risk other Passangers Lives

Jason Richards

Makes me really annoyed to see people with luggage. Imagine someone in front of you blocking your exit while they reach for the overheard bins to grab their bag. Some people are really living in their own world.

Actually, contrary to popular beliefs, statistics formulas tell us that the odds of it happening twice on the same airline and on the same route, _once_ it happened the first time, are exactly the same as before, no more and no less. :smile: Thinking otherwise, would be the same statistical fallacy of him who brings a fake bomb in his luggage, to lower the probability of having two bombs on the same flight. :smile:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Luckily it happened before V1

Imagine you are taking off with this burning jet engine

Looking at a photo, engine one is absolutely shattered, reminds me of the damage to the QF A380....also a RR Trent engine...very lucky nobody was seriously hurt.

The report says that the engines are General Electric GE90s

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png