Sign in to follow this  
Lizz

EFIS panelbuilder power source

I have a question about the power source for the EFIS panelbuilder instruments.
As I'm using the EFIS panelbuilder software solely for the engine instruments in my flight Simulator project I would like to feed them from the battery bus.
Currently the EFIS panelbuilder instruments will light up when the avionics switch is switched to ON together with the other displayunits in my sim. This is not what I want, in real aircraft (beech Kingair and alike.....)normally the avionics are switched ON after enginestart but the engine instruments are needed for the engine start itself, so it would be great if these were powered through the battery switch in stead.
Is this possible? or is it possible to make the avionics switch ON condition selectable in the setup of the panelbuilder software?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You are correct, right now all EFIS instruments switch on with Avionics power.

Right now I do not have a different option, like the battery power.

This would be a big change, but I do think this is a great idea.

Are you only using EFIS instruments for your engine or are you also using other Panel Builder instruments?

Actually, the avionics themselves SHOULD come on with the AVIONICS switch. Engine displays like EICAS typically come on with BATTERY power. In fact, most real-world aircraft will automatically cut power to the avionics bus when the engine(s) are started thru a shunt in order to protect the electronics. 

For example, in the Learjet 45, the procedure is to turn on the BATTERY switches. This provides power to DU2, which is configured to show EICAS information, and allows the crew to monitor during engine startup. the Avionics switches, when turned on, power up DU1, 3, 4 which show navigation info as well as basic PFD info on 1 and 4. 

So, the simPlugins is acting correctly regarding avionics on= avionics on. It just might need to allow the Engine gauges/EICAS to come on with BATTERY power. 

:-)

Hi Reinhard,

Yes I only use the EFIS panelbuilder engine instruments as the other displays use XHSI.
In X-Plane there are specific Datarefs that could be used for this e.g. the avioncs ON/OFF dataref for the instruments and one of the bus voltage (or BAT ON/OFF) Datarefs for the engine instruments.

Would be great if you could implement this in one of the future releases.

Yes, we are ysing them already, just not for the EFIS instruments. I'll add it to the list for the next update.

Yes, we are ysing them already, just not for the EFIS instruments. I'll add it to the list for the next update.

That is great, looking forward to the next release!
Thanks  for the great support....

:smile:

Is there any news on this feature, are there plans to implement it in a new release??