Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

World 2 Xplane making no difference?

Message to Tony,

Hi Tony, apologies if I'm hijacking this thread, but any news on GB2 please?

Thanks

Phil Murfin

It's been on the World2XPlane website for about 2 weeks now. I've called it GB Pro HD (as opposed to v2). The old version is also up there for less powerful computers.

Just out of interest how long did it take to generate Switzerland? If you did it properly it should have taken several days.

Several days?

That sound very strange to me, which configuration file did you used?

Something like Germany can take a long time, Switzerland generally takes about 2 or so hours for me. 

Exactly, but we're speaking about hours, not days (2 hours for Switzerland for me too, if I recall correctly)... when I generate Italy at the maximum detail level usually it take 2/3 hours, I never tried Germany but I know that has much more user data so I'd estimate 5/8 hours of work so you must have a very slow computer, or a very strange configuration file, if you do need several days to generate a scenery.

@Scotchegg: let me say that's not a critic, I'm just trying to figure it out.

I'm wondering if actually there might be something unusual in my W2XP generations. I'm doing one of southern U.S. now and it's taking days again (I mean several hours per day).

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I believe there's something definitively unusual.

You could try to download W2XP again putting it in a different folder and testing a short generation using default values, just to check timings... or maybe the problem is about OSM data, where and how do you get them?

Very strange... but we're a little bit OT so I'd suggest you to open another thread so we can talk about that without hijack this one.