Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Help! FS9 is not starting

Tonight I am trying to run FS9 and instead of starting I am getting a message saying "Please login with administrator privileges and try again"

Now I was just using FS last night and I didn't change anything from last night. So why isn't my FS9 starting??

(I am using Windows 7)

I restarted the computer and tried again. FS9 still will not start and now I am not even getting that message I was before.

Perfect. Look for it and remove it. Some crazy updates do crazy things sometimes. I haven't updated in months since I had something similar. Good or bad, right or wrong, that's what I've done.

Ditto - same here. I have Windows 7 and don't see any benefit from Microsoft updates. The last one I tried the computer would not work properly - login to a black screen. Thanks Microsoft!

Graeme Butler

Hi,

if somebody has found out, could you please post the KB... number of this update?

Thanks!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi,

if somebody has found out, could you please post the KB... number of this update?

Thanks!

kb3086255

Joseph29 linked to it in one of his posts

Peter Schluter

Oh, thanks and sorry.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

A wanring on this ....  I didn't find out about this issue until I had tried multiple other "fixes" on my system, such a virus scans .etc.  Every time I subsequently tried to run FS, apparently Windows ate away portions of the FS installation.  scenery.cfg, teraain.cfg, and worst of all my entire Modules folder. 

I now am doing a total reinstall of FS9, and of course there are payware issues that I'm sure will be a big problem.  What the H*** was MS thinking?  At least warn people of what an update does before resleasing it.

Hi, i think i found a fix for this issue. Just download the old No-CD crack and replace the fs9.exe with the one in the crack. And then apply the 9.1 update. Hope it works.

Cheers,

Swapnil

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

"Eating away the sim? That sounds permanent. Eating away from the disc, or eating what's already installed?"

No I didn't lose any files from the disk, only from the FS9 installation on the hard drive.  But I lost enough to have to do a complete reinstall and rebuild  :mad:

"Eating away the sim? That sounds permanent. Eating away from the disc, or eating what's already installed?"

No I didn't lose any files from the disk, only from the FS9 installation on the hard drive. But I lost enough to have to do a complete reinstall and rebuild :mad:

How did you notice your sim was losing things?

I restored to before the update happened. The sim starts slowly. If I exit the sim and try to go back in, I get the same error message. I restored again (somehow to the same point), and it did the same thing (started slowly). (I haven't exited yet, but I suspect I'll just get the same results). I'll update once I'm done simming.

How did you notice your sim was losing things?

I restored to before the update happened. The sim starts slowly. If I exit the sim and try to go back in, I get the same error message. I restored again (somehow to the same point), and it did the same thing (started slowly). (I haven't exited yet, but I suspect I'll just get the same results). I'll update once I'm done simming.

I can't edit the post for some reason. I do confirm I cannot use the similator again if I exit; I have to restore again to be able to use the sim.

I too have experienced horrible results with FS9 x Win7 updates. If my memory serves me correctly, sometime in late 2014 (Nov I believe), a very large group of updates installed and virtually rendered our motion sim (FS9 based) useless. Searching the web led me to fellow simmers who warned and advised of the updates - basically what you guys are doing now. Once uninstalled, (and I mean there were over 30), everything worked again.

Auto update was exploded after that. LOL

Mitch