Sign in to follow this  
ajaybala

ssw f84 causing severe vas depletion CTD

Hi everyone, I have just purchased ssw f84 on sale. this aircraft though very nice to look at, eats up precious vas at an alarming rate and inevitably causes oom ctd.

1. i have tested using the ssw f84, m2m mirage 2000 and the JF tornado.

2. on loading the ssw f84,  through fsuipc i can see that there is between 800 - 750 mb vas left with the f 84. on startup and arming this figure goes down to about 500 mb. on takeoff 450 - 375 mb. during circuits the dreaded ding starts and oom message on final. all this happens in a time frame of seven to nine minutes. effecctively, i cant fly the ssw f84 more than 10 min at a time.

3. no such problem with the m2m mirage. Even the  vas eating jf tornado gives me around one hour of flight time before the ding starts.

4. i have asked for this to be addressed in the ssw support forum but the developer says that this is due to fsx being 32 bit program and the model is fine he says the only solution is to remove addons.

5. any  ssw f84 drivers out there facing the same problems and have managed a workaround? please do help me out as i have narrowed the loss of vas to the plane model as no other plane in my virtual hangar causes this.

thanks,

Ajay Bala

my system specs

i5 4690k,  z97, 16 gb ddr3, r9 280x 3gb, win 10 pro 64 bit.

fsx acceleration, dx 9 , tex max load- 1024

sincerely

Ajay Bala

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen