Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

EireSim Shannon

Hello All;

Just wanted to know if any of you here own the EireSim Shannon Airport Addon? How is it? Does it work with StevesDX10 preview?

I have been thinking about getting this add-on airport for sometime now, but couldn't really find any recent information on it. Would be very happy if some of you could share your experience with it.

Many Thanks,

I have it.

I have most of the Eiresim airports. I have found Shannon to be less impressive than all of my others except one. However, even though I had that impression from the screenshots before buying it, I think that it was a value for money purchase for me.

Don't know about Steve's DX10 aspect.

Gary

Gary,

What base scenery do you use EireSim Shannon Ultimate with? Default? ORBx? PlayHorizon VFR GenX photoscenery? I have the latter installed, and I would like to know if this can be used as a base for the Shannon Ultimate scenery. I seem to recall someone on AVSIM telling me that he uses this package with a photoscenery base, so hopefully that person will see this thread!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher

I have Eiresim's Shannon, Kerry, Cork and Belfast installed over ORBX Ireland and Northern Ireland respectively (I don't have ORBX Global etc) and Alicante over FSX Default.

I have not encountered any problems between those airports and those two ORBX scenery products. The same applies to my Aerosoft Dublin and the UK2000 other Belfast airport.

Gary

I have Aerosoft Dublin and EireSim Cork working fine over the PlayHorizon VFR GenX Ireland photoscenery, and UK2000 Belfast Aldergrove Xtreme and EireSim Belfast City working fine with ORBx FTX Northern Ireland. I am more concerned with whether EireSim Shannon Ultimate can be used with the photoscenery in such a way that I can use the runways and taxiways over the base image without having to use the "default" base that is supplied with the airport. I am guessing not, but I would like to know for sure.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello Gary;

Thank you for your answer. One last question: How is the performance/ frame rate of EINN?

Many Thanks once again,

Best,

I tried Shannon last night using the Aerosoft Twin Otter.

Taxiing out, I had a couple of micro stutters but after that everything was okay so far as performance/frame rate was concerned.

Gary

the  problem I have found with EINN is, as I fly B777 runaway 24 is the only one I can use but on taxing out to  24 from gate 30 I strike an  invisible object which tells me  building crash and ends my flight  much  to my  dismay. Anyone else have this problem  

Hello Patrico;

Thank you for your feedback. I'm still undecided about getting it, even thought its 16 Euros.  Do you use Orbx scenery with it?

hi do you not have the same problem as me i.e crashing into indivisible objects during taxi to 24

Hello;

I haven't gotten the Shannon Airport yet. I have just purchased the Orbx FTX Ireland. My next step is to buy the Shannon Airport. As soon as I will get it, I will test it out and will let you know.

Maybe you can try to disable object collision in the FSX menu? Or you already have?

Where do you buy Eiresim products - direct from Eiresim or from a reseller like Simmarket?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049