Sign in to follow this  
Capt Pugwash

P3Dv2.5 Do I need simconnect & FSUIPC?

Just built a new Skylake rig and have Win10 and P3Dv2.5 freshly installed.

This is my first time with P3D, do I need Simconnect & FSUIPC for it to function correctly with aircraft addons?

I read on the Aerosoft forum that you need Simconnect for their Airbus package & Twin Otter to function correctly...

Not had much luck installing my P3D compatible aircraft yet, many have missing textures, panels etc...

Rgds, Shaun

Simconnect should be installed automatically with P3D but if that didn't happen you can install it manually from here:

\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib

\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

I personally only use the SP2 version (needed for TrackIR and A2A planes) but it won't hurt to install both.

FSUIPC isn't needed unless you like the options it offers and/or if an add-on really needs it (in which case it should be documented). I don't have FSUIPC installed and everything works perfectly fine. There only are a few add ons that actually need FSUIPC: most people use it for controller options.

Simconnect should be installed automatically with P3D but if that didn't happen you can install it manually from here:

\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib

\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

I personally only use the SP2 version (needed for TrackIR and A2A planes) but it won't hurt to install both.

FSUIPC isn't needed unless you like the options it offers and/or if an add-on really needs it (in which case it should be documented). I don't have FSUIPC installed and everything works perfectly fine. There only are a few add ons that actually need FSUIPC: most people use it for controller options.

Brilliant...that has fixed all my aircraft issues...many thanks my friend...

I owe you a beer :)

Rgds, Shaun

Good to hear! Looking forward to that beer!  :wink:

BTW I always have to install Simconnect manually after installing P3D (on a freshly installed OS). I said Simconnect should be installed automatically during the install of P3D because I noticed not everyone has to install Simconnect manually, but maybe this is only so because those people install P3D on a system that had or has FSX on it and hence Simconnect is already installed on those PC. Anyway, luckily installing Simconnect is simple and only takes a few seconds so to me it's no problem at all: it has become a part of my P3D install routine already.  :wink:

Good to hear! Looking forward to that beer!  :wink:

BTW I always have to install Simconnect manually after installing P3D (on a freshly installed OS). I said Simconnect should be installed automatically during the install of P3D because I noticed not everyone has to install Simconnect manually, but maybe this is only so because those people install P3D on a system that had or has FSX on it and hence Simconnect is already installed on those PC. Anyway, luckily installing Simconnect is simple and only takes a few seconds so to me it's no problem at all: it has become a part of my P3D install routine already.  :wink:

the pdfkneeboard is for FSX, is there not one for P3D ?

I did the above thing but still not showing up in addons inflight.

i did the dll.xml input to but no results