Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

New to X Plane - How do I ?

How do I force the view to start each time I load the sim? Strange thing is with the demo when I opened X Plane the cockpit view was always mouseable (is that a word ?) but with the full version version it opens with static cockpit view and I then must go to "Views" and change it to 3d view.

How do I start X Plane with a situation? In FSX you can save a situation and make it open with that situation. So far X Plane opens with the plane at some random airport (757 on a grass strip?).

More questions to come.

Thanks,

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Wow, several round about awkward ways to set the view back to what it was in the demo? There should be an easy option in the top panel options to set the view to what you want when you start the sim. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

You can, in the rendering options screen, along the bottom, (not at x-plane PC so can't see exactly) you can set it to ALWAYS start in 3D cockpit.... 

Are you also familiar with

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?act=idx

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thanks I will check out that rendering options screen and also look at the web site mentioned.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

How do I start X Plane with a situation? In FSX you can save a situation and make it open with that situation. So far X Plane opens with the plane at some random airport (757 on a grass strip?)

There are no "situations" per sé in X-Plane. You can't think like FSX any more with X-Plane - the two are completely different. You can, however, customise your start-up scenario: referring to the X-Plane manual (and please do read it - it has solutions to most of the problems that you'll probably have), go to File -> Quick Flight Setup and click the checkbox at the bottom right that reads "Show this window on every start-up of X-Plane". Then every time you start X-Plane, you can choose your preferred airport, aircraft, weather and time of day.

You can also use a new option In 10.40 on the Operations & Warnings page to Disable Preference Changes (I think that's the correct name, I'm not on my PC). Once you check this option any changes you make to preferences be it startup airport, plane, rendering etc will be ignored.

So once you set up your preferred "situation" you quit X-Plane then load it up again and check this option. Then in future it will always revert back no matter what changes you make in the preferences. Hope that's clear!

Thanks, it is clear and I will do it.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

That did not work, I still start in a field with the 757 and not at the airport I left the sim with.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

That did not work, I still start in a field with the 757 and not at the airport I left the sim with.

I understood that you were asking to start up with a saved situation, not to start off where you left off.

By default X-Plane will always start at the nearest airport to where you were when you last quit the sim, so in that case you will need your preferences to be saved.

I did save the situation but still end up in a field. I checked the preference box, no change, I unchecked the preference box, no change same field.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I repeat what I mentioned in a previous post:

You can customise your start-up scenario: referring to the X-Plane manual (and please do read it - it has solutions to most of the problems that you'll probably have), go to File -> Quick Flight Setup and click the checkbox at the bottom right that reads "Show this window on every start-up of X-Plane". Then every time you start X-Plane, you can choose your preferred airport, aircraft, weather and time of day.

Yes I know about that but your still having to setup a flight. I guess there is no way in X Plane to save a flight and have that flight open, with every setting and situation in place.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yes I know about that but your still having to setup a flight. I guess there is no way in X Plane to save a flight and have that flight open, with every setting and situation in place.

There are thousands of plugins available at the .org for X-plane. 

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11770

X-Hobbs - barbarossa 2012

Please ask all your questions and report any inconvenience at this related topic.

NEW: now saving 2 situation files in X-Plane/Output/situations per aircraft as well!

X-Hobbs.ACF_NAME.sit file gets saved whenever a .hobbs file gets saved.

A X-Hobbs.ACF_NAME.AutoSave.sit file gets saved every 6 minutes. This, hopefully, will save you some flights if a worst case happens.

SHORT DESCRIPTION

Started as a Plugin which makes the Hobbs meter work for EACH and EVERY aircraft and gives some meaning to it.

It is now a plugin which re/stores a lot of stuff per aircraft or even livery aside to the Hobbs-Time, of course.

It will keep track of some data like position or fuel for each individual aircraft you fly in X-Plane.

So you will find your aircraft where and how you parked them, even floats!

It will also set the MTBF (mean time between failures) in respect of the hobbs hours. Use the "MAINTAIN ACF" button once in a while.